Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tomlin's misstep

adam86107

I was wondering what everyone else thought about this. It's hard to believe that a head coach would purposely do something like this right out where everyone can see. However, I saw one clip where he was looking at the jumbotron then looking out the corner of his eye like he was trying to time exactly when he needed to jump out of the way.

There was potential talk Pitt could lose a draft pick because there was a warning that went out to all the teams last Wednesday. But I don't think they'll go that far. He'll get a 6 figure fine. I do think they should suspend him for a game or 2 though.

I still don't understand.

He purposely got in the way of a Ravens player returning a kick....and any excuse he tries to come up with is complete BS. Says he was watching the play on the jumbotron. What head coach isn't watching the play happen on the field? He just so happens to have his back to the play. Oops I didn't see him.

The league is weighing punishment that could include hefty fines for Tomlin and the team, sources have told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The Steelers also could lose a draft pick.

Video shot by KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh has raised questions about Tomlin's claim that he inadvertently got too close to the field while watching Jones' return on the Jumbotron with his back to the play. The video shows Tomlin stepping onto the field as Jones got near him and then jumping back onto the white stripe where he had been standing. Tomlin did not talk to reporters Monday after practice. His weekly news conference is at noon ET Tuesday.

In Owings Mills, Md., Ravens coach John Harbaugh said his team isn't dwelling on the incident.

"Truthfully, we've moved on. We have," Harbaugh said Monday. "It's out there and it's something that's in the league's hands. It's been addressed a lot on every angle. I really don't have anything to add to it. It doesn't matter what I think or anybody else thinks. It is what it is, and the league will handle it."

Okay thanks. I think he should lose a pick. No place for that.

That video was funny "13 dash 7" Lol.

He said he always looks at the jumbotron when a team kicks off, give's him a better view. I'm curious if there is tape that supports his claim and if he always stands this close..?

And why would he have that stupid smile on him as Balt. is about to run it back..?

Tomlin is an idiot for what he did and it was completely uncalled for. He sounded like a bigger idiot trying to explain himself too .... wow. Standing there with a shit eating grin after the play was a joke. Jones should have punched him in the fn mouth.

Back