Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Top 5 Prospects

The system is a joke when the worst team by far ends up picking 5th. Should be no lower than 3.

Maybe you should do better than being the worst team. No league should ever encourage tanking.
If you've watched they were just bad. Cade out, the shooter out late, Casey. Regardless 5th? Lol.

No reason to watch. And I didn?t waste my time the this rigged lottery system. NBA and NHL are just a joke.

Did they really tank ? The Piston were just a bad team. Just like they will be next season.

I think if you're going to give the 3 worse teams the same % of balls then those 3 should pick 1-3. San Antonio, that's nuts.

I think if you're going to give the 3 worse teams the same % of balls then those 3 should pick 1-3. San Antonio, that's nuts.

They said it on 97.1. San Antonio has moved of the most I think when they are in the lottery .Or have the best luck. I hardly watch anymore anyways. Just another reason to turn the product off. I just don?t understand why they want teams to be bad year after year. Seems like parity would keep more fans interested. I?m not sure.

Last edited:
They said it on 97.1. San Antonio has moved of the most I think when they are in the lottery .
Or have the best luck. I hardly watch anymore anyways. Just another reason to turn the product off. I just don?t understand why they want teams to be bad year after year.

the NBA doesn't want any bad teams. Teams are doing it on their own. The Pistons have made bad decisions over and over again. It's their own fault...not the NBA's

the NBA doesn't want any bad teams. Teams are doing it on their own. The Pistons have made bad decisions over and over again. It's their own fault...not the NBA's

Oh I agree but the lottery system is just a flawed system. There has to be a better way to Pick players and hold teams accountable for tanking. The pistons didn?t tank. They were injured and a terrible team. Hell I Bet they will win 25 or less next season they are so bad.

Last edited:
Did they really tank ? The Piston were just a bad team. Just like they will be next season.

This. I don?t buy the Pistons purposefully tanking, they just flat-out sucked.

Probably the worst roster talent in the NBA and it?s not going to get much better after this draft. They?ll throw a bunch of money at some mediocre player (since nobody will want to come here), hire Ollie, and we?ll enjoy another five 20-30 win seasons along with shitty lottery picks. Cade will probably want out at some point during that span too.

Last edited:
So you think the team closest to making the playoffs should pick 1st?

I thought of that, but no. Look at Dallas this year. They "tanked" at the end and missed the playoffs.

Maybe give the terrible teams more cap space or something.

Or maybe do it in a 3 year window. If you are really bad for several years in a row you get some sort of monetary penalty.

True tanking was Dallas who sat their best when they still had chances to make playoffs.

Back