Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Torii Hunter

stonecold2136

I know the guy still swings a good stick but he doesn't look good in RF. Been watching a lot of Blue Jays games lately. Jose Bautista plays RF like a champion.

To bad Torri lost so much speed. He used to be so good in CF.

Hunter to the DL and Carrera gets the call up. Ignites the offense, Tigers win World Series and they make a movie about it all.

Kevin Whelan gets the save in game seven.

He's been awful out there. I'm just waiting for Torii pull a Jose Canseco by taking a pop up off the dome for a HR.

Hunter is the worst player on the Tigers atm.

Good thing we addressed the obvious need to add an OFer in the offseason.

Tigers have 5/6/7 players that should be in their minors, or preferably on another team.

House of Failures.

Why is Don Kelly still on the team? Cause he is a good guy? He is like a hemorrhoid that will not go away.

Why not just bring up any AAA OF to take his place.

Just frustrated figured I would take a shot at a slow moving target to vent of steam.

Why is Don Kelly still on the team? Cause he is a good guy? He is like a hemorrhoid that will not go away.

Why not just bring up any AAA OF to take his place.

Just frustrated figured I would take a shot at a slow moving target to vent of steam.

The Tigers have the number three guy in OBP in all of Triple-A. He leads MiLB in SB's also by 13. For a team struggling to score runs there is no way to justify DK's spot on this roster and I have considered myself a DK supporter in the past.

We have the replacement on the team and his name is JD Martinez. I've been saying for a month now to get him in the lineup at the expense of any of the three guys playing but Hunter would be my first choice then Jackson. Dude was on fire before we called him up and then we just sit him while the offense stinks. Finally he's getting some playing time and producing big time but I'm sure rookie manager will bench him when Torii feels better

JD expands the zone way too much still though..but then again so does Torri so meh bout the same end result overall they both botch plays in the OF often as well

Last edited:
Hunter is the worst player on the Tigers atm.

Good thing we addressed the obvious need to add an OFer in the offseason.

Avila to me is the worst positional player on the Tigers right now. He goes up praying he draws a walk because he knows he can't hit worth a damn.

Last edited:
We have the replacement on the team and his name is JD Martinez. I've been saying for a month now to get him in the lineup at the expense of any of the three guys playing but Hunter would be my first choice then Jackson. Dude was on fire before we called him up and then we just sit him while the offense stinks. Finally he's getting some playing time and producing big time but I'm sure rookie manager will bench him when Torii feels better

Man J.D is hotter than a firecracker. I can hardly believe he is playing the way he is. Perfect timing!!!

Back