Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline 2/20

Latest (and only) Pistons rumor seems to be that they are shopping Josh Smith but they want more than expiring contracts

Why would they want more than just expiring contracts? Just wash your hands of him if you can!

Things seem pretty quiet on the Pistons front, Joe D is sitting on his hands and must realize that this isn't a playoff team. He'll wait for the sack.

Was hoping they'd give up a starter or two so that tanking would be a guarantee.

I still fear them finishing around 10, missing the playoffs AND losing a high pick.

Last edited:
The NBA GMs (referring to all of them not just the one in Detroit) can't be afraid to make a big move. Especially the tanking ones. I don't like tanking but if you're going to do it and the fans know you're doing it, go all out, ESPECIALLY concerning guys with expiring contracts whom it's obvious they won't resign. The Cavs should have dealt Loul Deng for example. The best offer should have been taken. They know he won't resign, and no one was going to give a 1st for him, which is what they were asking.

This franchise is completely irrelevant and that will only continue until Joe Dumbass gets removed from his position.

Seriously, how have you Pistons fans not formed an angry mob and stormed the Palace gates to run Dumars out of town?

I think Dumars has a longer than normal leash here because he had a hand in all 3 of our championships as a player and GM.

He should have been fired immediately after trading Billups for Iverson and using the money on Gordon and Villanueva.

There has been nothing but repeated terrible decisions one after the next since then and the Pistons have gone from a proud franchise, being tops in the league in attendance year in and year out, to literally the laughingstock franchise of the NBA.

If he's retained beyond this season i'm done with the franchise, will not watch another game until he's gone.

call me crazy, call me high, I'm probably both at this point, but I actually like Jennings and how he plays. Sure he is undersized and not good at defending but he impacts the defensive end with his quickness and makes plenty of steals. Don't think he will get traded anytime soon. Now Josh Smith on the other hand needs to either stay on the low block or get outta here.

call me crazy, call me high, I'm probably both at this point, but I actually like Jennings and how he plays. Sure he is undersized and not good at defending but he impacts the defensive end with his quickness and makes plenty of steals. Don't think he will get traded anytime soon. Now Josh Smith on the other hand needs to either stay on the low block or get outta here.

He would be on the low block if Monroe was traded, to me that was the move needed to happen to make this team better.

I can easily see the Pistons Missing the playoffs and not being bad enough to keep their draft pick. Gores keeps Joe around beacuse he doesn`t know any better. Then Joe bring back his bouy Stuckey beacause "he was so good off the bench". Then inks Monroe to a Max deal so we don`t have any money to spend. Then hires another coaching re-tred like Hollins. They have become the lions of the Millen era

Back