Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

tomdalton22

The Pistons have 2 guys that other teams are looking at, Bogdanovic and Alec Burks. Burks probably wouldn't get too much in return. It has been reported that the Pistons aren't too interested in trading Bojan but maybe for an unprotected first. My guess is they hold on to Bojan hoping that they can add a FA next year and maybe hit on another high pick in the draft. Unfortunately, I think they are still at least 2 years away from competing for a playoff spot.

I'm thinking Noel is the only player that will get traded this year. Hoping a team in need of a bench big will give up something decent.

I expect one or both of Bojan/Burks to still be on the team past the deadline. I know the Pistons are still in tank mode, but those two guys are the only legitimate shooters on the team.

Probably going to be a quiet deadline for the Pistons.

I agree that it's likely to be a quiet deadline for them.

I don't see a team giving up much for Noel. He is a turd that makes $9.2M per year.

I agree that it's likely to be a quiet deadline for them.

I don't see a team giving up much for Noel. He is a turd that makes $9.2M per year.

He can play some defense and soak up fouls against other bigs, which may have some value in the playoffs. I?m hoping for maybe a 2nd round pick within the next decade. But I agree that he?s not that attractive on his own taking the money into consideration, he?d probably have to be part of a package deal.

I heard rumblings of Bey on the block a while back, not sure if that?s still on the table. Would not surprise me if he leaves and improves elsewhere, wouldn?t be the first time this franchise gave up on a young player too early.

To sum up my thoughts on the deadline
- Cade/Ivey/Duren/Stew are untouchable
- Killian/Bagley/Livers are probably untouchable
- The price for Bojan/Burks will be too high (as it should be)
- Noel will be available, but will have to be part of a package deal
- Bey is a dark horse candidate, but not sure the return will be worth it
- The rest of the garbage on this roster has little-to-no value

Saw this rumor today

https://twitter.com/louallendoc/status/1622694388693598208?s=46&t=s8uFcTOaHwQ0eas8LyDKxg

The Lakers, Sixers, and Pistons are in trade talks.

Pistons receive: Russell Westbrook, picks
Lakers receive: Tobias Harris, Furkan Korkmaz
Sixers receive: Nerlens Noel, Marvin Bagley, Bojan Bogdanovi?.

LA does not want to trade their 1st round picks. #NBA*

??-

I?m assuming Russ would get bought out immediately in this trade. Not sure what those picks could be.

No 1st round pick and BoBo is part of the trade and Noel? No thanks. And Bags, horrible trade for us if that goes through.

Last edited:
No 1st round pick and BoBo is part of the trade and Noel? No thanks. And Bags, horrible trade for us if that goes through.

I highly doubt the Pistons would do this trade without at least one 1st pick.

I?m not a big fan of it unless they get some seriously good picks in return. I like the idea of getting all that money freed up with Westbrook?s expiring contract, but this summer is looking to be pretty terrible for FAs, so it?s kind of a waste.

I?m not a big fan of it unless they get some seriously good picks in return. I like the idea of getting all that money freed up with Westbrook?s expiring contract, but this summer is looking to be pretty terrible for FAs, so it?s kind of a waste.

I don't think the sixers or lakers have any first round picks for the next two drafts.

I don't think the sixers or lakers have any first round picks for the next two drafts.

I?ve seen possibly 2027 unprotected (or lightly protected) first from LA. That could be a very good pick if Lebron is gone before then.

That Irving trade got a first for 2029, 2nd from 2029 and 2nd from 2027. I hope it's not that long for picks.

That Irving trade got a first for 2029, 2nd from 2029 and 2nd from 2027. I hope it's not that long for picks.

One thing to remember is that future picks are basically just currency in the NBA. Those picks are probably going to change hands multiple times before 27/29.

One thing to remember is that future picks are basically just currency in the NBA. Those picks are probably going to change hands multiple times before 27/29.

True. Hopefully with Cade back, new high draft pick we'll win more than 20 games.

True. Hopefully with Cade back, new high draft pick we'll win more than 20 games.

let's hope.

My concern with trading Bogdanovic is will they be able to replace him with a similar player next off season?

I'd love to see them trade Noel and Burks.

let's hope.

My concern with trading Bogdanovic is will they be able to replace him with a similar player next off season?

That?s the dilemma I see. Trading Bojan is going to create a hole once again on offense, you can probably replace him with someone younger with a slightly different skill set, but best case scenario it?s a lateral move from a shooting perspective. You?d really have to be blown away by a trade to give him up, but nobody is going to pay that price.

I actually really like Burks and I hope they keep him around. He?s a solid vet and does just about everything, decent defender, can create his own shot, and his shooting percentages aren?t all that far from Bojan (61% vs 63% TS, both 40%+ from 3). Just an all-around solid player off the bench.

Noel is entirely expendable, probably getting bought out if they can?t get a 2045 2nd round pick for him.

That?s the dilemma I see. Trading Bojan is going to create a hole once again on offense, you can probably replace him with someone younger with a slightly different skill set, but best case scenario it?s a lateral move from a shooting perspective. You?d really have to be blown away by a trade to give him up, but nobody is going to pay that price.

I actually really like Burks and I hope they keep him around. He?s a solid vet and does just about everything, decent defender, can create his own shot, and his shooting percentages aren?t all that far from Bojan (61% vs 63% TS, both 40%+ from 3). Just an all-around solid player off the bench.

Noel is entirely expendable, probably getting bought out if they can?t get a 2045 2nd round pick for him.

Burks has a team option for next year for $10.5M. He is a pretty good bench player but probably a luxury given the state of the team and him turning 33 next year.

Noel has a team option next year which will not be picked up.

let's hope.

I feel the same. We lack shooters.

Back