Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade for matt kemp

stonecold2136

Was thinkin about this a few minutes ago. The Dodgers could be one of two teams we could trade Fielder to. In return we take Matt Kemp and his $126 million contract. No one eats any money, we get an impact bat to put behind Cabrera.

The Dodgers could move gonzo to LF and Prince to 1B

I know he is an injury risk but when healthy Kemp is a top 5 player.

Cabrera to 1B

Nick to 3B

Kemp to LF

I know this will not happen just shuffling all kinds of possibilities through my head right now.

Last edited:
Was thinkin about this a few minutes ago. The Dodgers could be one of two teams we could trade Fielder to. In return we take Matt Kemp and his $126 million contract. No one eats any money, we get an impact bat to put behind Cabrera.

The Dodgers could move gonzo to LF and Prince to 1B

I know he is an injury risk but when healthy Kemp is a top 5 player.

Cabrera to 1B

Nick to 3B

Kemp to LF

I know this will not happen just shuffling all kinds of possibilities through my head right now.

while it would make some sense for the Tigers it doesn't for LA. They are trying to move an OF because they have too many now. Putting Gonzo in the OF doesn't help them.

Prince's skills are more perishable than Kemp's. But Kemp is damaged goods right now.

Cabrera does not want to play 1B.

A happy Miggy is likely a more productive Miggy.

This. And outside of his bat Cabrera's arm is his best tool, and wasted at 1B.

he was productive playing 1B. As far as his arm being wasted...it doesn't matter that he has a good arm...he is still a bad defensive 3B. He is more suited to play 1B or DH

he was productive playing 1B. As far as his arm being wasted...it doesn't matter that he has a good arm...he is still a bad defensive 3B. He is more suited to play 1B or DH

And he's a bad defensive 1B, so your point is moot.

His arm also threw out quite a few runners this year many other 3B's would have never gotten. In the end he offsets his liabilities anyways, so let him play where he wants.

And he's a bad defensive 1B, so your point is moot.

His arm also threw out quite a few runners this year many other 3B's would have never gotten. In the end he offsets his liabilities anyways, so let him play where he wants.

there is a reason the worst devensive player is put at first base and not at 3rd....becuase it is the less important to have a good defender there. His glove is good enough to play 1B. As far as him throwing out a few runners that many other 3b's wouldn't have gotten...who cares? An average defensive 3B will make more outs than Miggy. His arm just makes him bad....not terrible!

Back