Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Monroe for Kevin love.

Knight needs to make a leap and KCP needs to be serviceable as a shooter. But even if we have no threats shooting (Tom mentioned the Datome signing, which is notable) we will be pretty close to the playoffs just by being a huge defensive team that WILL Out rebound teams on both sides of the floor.

Knight needs to make a leap and KCP needs to be serviceable as a shooter. But even if we have no threats shooting (Tom mentioned the Datome signing, which is notable) we will be pretty close to the playoffs just by being a huge defensive team that WILL Out rebound teams on both sides of the floor.

I agree. Don't forget that CV will be a huge asset at the trade deadline. The Pistons might be able to get a really good player with 2-4 years left on their contract from a team looking to shed salary for next year.

I agree. Don't forget that CV will be a huge asset at the trade deadline. The Pistons might be able to get a really good player with 2-4 years left on their contract from a team looking to shed salary for next year.

I don't see CV getting much playing time at all with Monroe, Drummond, Smith, Slava Kravtsov, and Tony Mitchell. And without playing time, a large expiring contract is only worth so much. Definitely not worth a "really good player with 2-4 years left on their contract."

I completely agree that the team will be better next year. It would be hard not to be just given the continued growth of Monroe and the increased playing time for Drummond. Smith is also a very good player who will make significant strides for our perimeter defense. I still don't think our offense will improve greatly, but that doesn't mean our team won't be better.

The Luigi signing was a great move. He looks like he'll be a strong complement to Smith (highly efficient scorer with middling athleticism vs. inefficient scorer with crazy athleticism and defense). It wouldn't surprise me if we see him playing a Kyle Korver role but for 1/4th the price.

I don't expect we'll get a particularly high caliber player just for expiring contracts (more likely overpaid mid-level guys like Rudy Gay). But with enough desperation and capitalizing on some opportunity, I could see the team turning CV and/or Stuckey into a decent PG like Dragic - or even going bigger and taking on extra money to land Rondo (Stuckey and CV together make just enough that the Pistons could take on Rondo and Gerald Wallace's contract - if the Celtics want to tank, that clears a ton of money off the books at the same time).

Last edited:
Jennings
KCP
Smith
Love
Drummond
Bench: Chauncey, stuckey, luigi, charlie, bynum. Not bad. Also a lot of cap space for free agency.

That lineup reminds me of old school 80's bad boys. All under rated hungry players.

we dont need to trade monroe. why do so many of you want to trade him?? there is no freakin reason why so many delusional people are here

we dont need to trade monroe. why do so many of you want to trade him?? there is no freakin reason why so many delusional people are here

I don't think that they would trade him either but Love would be the perfect fit for this team.

brian detroit is not going to trade monroe for ANYBODY

I would consider it. I'm not going to research something that won't happen but doesn't love shoot good for a big whilst still a good rebounder and possibly better defender?

brian detroit is not going to trade monroe for ANYBODY

aren't going to or wouldn't if given the opportunity? There are probably dozens of players in the NBA that the Pistons would trade Monroe for but those other teams wouldn't do it.

Back