Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Rumored with Jets

motown1958

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/8/20/3256037/lions-trade-rumors-new-york-jets

Saw this article on pride of detroit and thought it was interesting. It basically says the jets need tackles we need secondary help and we each have depth at the positions needed. I was thinking Goz and a fourth for Kyle Wilson. Goz surprisingly enough is an upgrade for them at right tackle and Wilson would probably be able to start for us on the outside or at the nickel.

Haha. Goz and a 4th? Don't know if Kyle Wilson is all that but that seems like a steal.

Hell yeah make that trade. Gosder is on his last year of his deal and we have Reiff,Hilliard and Fox.

Im not saying that the deal would necessarily get it done but even if we had to give them hilliard instead of Goz I would be cool with it. It would be the rest of the deal I would worry aboout. If they want more than a fourth it probably wouldnt be worth it.

Kyle Wilson will not be traded for Goz or Hilliard. You'd be lucky to get a 6th.

Im not saying that the deal would necessarily get it done but even if we had to give them hilliard instead of Goz I would be cool with it. It would be the rest of the deal I would worry aboout. If they want more than a fourth it probably wouldnt be worth it.

We don't have a 4th. Thanks Tahir Whitehead

They're not trading Kyle Wilson. Especially not for Goz and a 4th.

I could kinda see something happen since Goz is expendable, he's an upgrade for Jets, he's cheap, and they did just trade a 4th for Tebow, right?

But not Kyle Wilson. 5th or 6th rounder?

Last edited:
No complaints by all accounts that dude is a baller.

From all accounts, yep. Maybe a whole shit load of people will eat crow because man, people didn't like that trade to move up and get him.

They're not trading Kyle Wilson. Especially not for Goz and a 4th.

I could kinda see something happen since Goz is expendable, he's an upgrade for Jets, he's cheap, and they did just trade a 4th for Tebow, right?

But not Kyle Wilson. 5th or 6th rounder?

Probably. CB that aren't starters you don't usually have to give up much.

Last edited:
From all accounts, yep. Maybe a whole shit load of people will eat crow because man, people didn't like that trade to move up and get him.

Ill be eating crow...i still dint like the trade. Right now hes a back up linebacker. If he ever starts ill be at the front of the line for my crow.

Ill be eating crow...i still dint like the trade. Right now hes a back up linebacker. If he ever starts ill be at the front of the line for my crow.

Shit, he's worth it if he can be a solid contributor on st this year.. God knows we need it. Not to mention Durant and Levy may be gone next year. Not a bad pick.

Don't blame Whitehead for that.

True thanks Martin Mayhew and LB coach Matt Burke raving about him. We'll see if he pans out. But not having that 4th sucks for the trade market. 4ths are good for moving up or down back into the 1st or 2nd.

True thanks Martin Mayhew and LB coach Matt Burke raving about him. We'll see if he pans out. But not having that 4th sucks for the trade market. 4ths are good for moving up or down back into the 1st or 2nd.

I've seen a few missed tackles from the kid. He is raw though...we'll see.

Back