Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Suggestion

Maybe Guillen signs at a discount price like $1 million. He is kind of like the guy who started changing the losing culture in Detroit. DD seems to feel like he owes him something.

My opinion I think Guillen should not be resigned. The guy made a ton of cash in Detroit time to move on.

Maize&blue21 said:
Hey guys i've made my way over from the espn board. I have a trade idea (don't know if it would work out) but i think that the tigers should trade max scherzer for an elite 2nd baseman such as brandon philips. max can be a great pitcher but he needs work on his mechanics in order to be consistent. if max s successful the rest of the season, we should keep him but if he struggles, we should trade him for brandon philips in a trade that would look like this, Tigers send Max Scherzer, Andrew Oliver, and Bruce Rondon to Cincinnati for Brandon philips and a PTBNM (no-one major just another piece). i know some are you thinking, why would the reds do this, well philips will be a free agent after next season and they have a replacement for him already in the wings. why would detroit do this? why send one of our top pitchers? well because now that we've seen that doug fister can pitch efficiently and consistently we now can have a 1-2-3 of JV, Doug, and Porcello. after that we will have Turner and possible either edwin jackson or CJ Wilson. in acquiring Philips we will be getting a consistent player who plays great defense and can flat out hit. as for the cj wilson and edwin jackson reference we need another top of the rotation starter and we have money to spend this offseason making our rotation one of the best.

If you were the GM in Detroit I would be calling for your job

Back