Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trading up???

thundernlightning

Raiders-Lions trade could be brewing in top 5

Citing multiple sources, NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Raiders "will consider" trading down with the Lions if one of the draft's top-two left tackles is available at No. 3.
There are a lot of "ifs" here, but it'd be a trade rebuilding Oakland would love to do, and address a massive weakness in Detroit. It's logical. If the Chiefs draft Luke Joeckel and the Jaguars take Dion Jordan, the Lions would then trade up with the Raiders to select Eric Fisher. The Raiders would move down, perhaps add a third-rounder, and take their highest-rated player left at No. 5. Per Pauline, that would be either Sharrif Floyd or Star Lotulelei.

Source: TFY Draft Insider Apr 24 - 3:53 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/260253/raiders-lions-trade-could-be-brewing-in-top-5

I'd be surprised by this, but it certainly makes sense for both teams.

They seem intent on going with a CB already on their roster for next season to pair with Houston, and Dee Milliner has a series of surgeries under his belt. Mayhew has already said he wants an impact player, not a talented prospect, so that would seem to put Ansah out of the equation.

Dion Jordon doesn't seem high on the Lion radar, so we're down to one of the top tackles being the guy they want. Move up and take him if you can do it for a third. Come back in the 2nd with a guy like Okafor and you're pretty well set headed into next year.

They seem to want to roll with the LBs and CBs they already drafted, so there's not a lot of "upgrade" potential they want other than the line.

You could even trade down to the mid second and recoup a pick. Maybe not a 3rd, but a 4th perhaps, maybe a mid 3rd if we're lucky

I'd be surprised by this, but it certainly makes sense for both teams.

They seem intent on going with a CB already on their roster for next season to pair with Houston, and Dee Milliner has a series of surgeries under his belt. Mayhew has already said he wants an impact player, not a talented prospect, so that would seem to put Ansah out of the equation.

Dion Jordon doesn't seem high on the Lion radar, so we're down to one of the top tackles being the guy they want. Move up and take him if you can do it for a third. Come back in the 2nd with a guy like Okafor and you're pretty well set headed into next year.

They seem to want to roll with the LBs and CBs they already drafted, so there's not a lot of "upgrade" potential they want other than the line.

Situation is less than ideal as we are already in a win-win, regardless of who goes in the first 4 picks. Add losing a 3rd rounder(potential starter) on top of it. I say NO!

Enticing cause fisher will provide so much more value than the de or cb wed get at 5. But the team cant afford to lose a 3rd rd starter this year. Move will depend on of hes playing for detroits future or if hes playing like his job is on the line this year. If its the latter than you keep your picks and make the most of them.

Enticing cause fisher will provide so much more value than the de or cb wed get at 5. But the team cant afford to lose a 3rd rd starter this year. Move will depend on of hes playing for detroits future or if hes playing like his job is on the line this year. If its the latter than you keep your picks and make the most of them.

Getting a difference maker rather than an average starter and a 3rd rounder is worth it IMO

All depends how much they feel they need a LT, how much they like Fisher over Johnson and how scared they are that Fisher/Johnson will be gone by 5.

I'd hate losing the high 3rd but they can get picks back.

Or hell sign Dwight Freeney then I don't care. Round 2 they would have a ton of options.

Don't like giving up picks but if he could swap value and still leave us with the same # of picks I am all for it.

Mayhew chokes nuts drafting outside the top 2 so I'm all for it. Screw the Raiders, call the Jags.

More and more "experts" are predicting the Chiefs may take Eric Fisher, making this completely moot.

If Joeckel is on the board, the Jags take him.

All depends how much they feel they need a LT, how much they like Fisher over Johnson and how scared they are that Fisher/Johnson will be gone by 5.

I'd hate losing the high 3rd but they can get picks back.

Or hell sign Dwight Freeney then I don't care. Round 2 they would have a ton of options.

Dwight Freeney wants a fortune, last time we signed an over the hill vet he gave us one good year then promptly declined, and we're still paying his ass five mil. That's hell of a lot of red contacts.

More and more "experts" are predicting the Chiefs may take Eric Fisher, making this completely moot.

If Joeckel is on the board, the Jags take him.

Like I said, if that's your guy call the Jags.

Dwight Freeney wants a fortune, last time we signed an over the hill vet he gave us one good year then promptly declined, and we're still paying his ass five mil. That's hell of a lot of red contacts.

LOL comparing Freeney to KVB. KVB was solid in 2010 as well prior to injury.

Back