Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

True Loss

LKP

Drops, penalties and pathetic run defense

Refs were terrible as expected but Detroit couldn't score or stop Rawls

Need a dt, de and nickel cb. I am off the whitehead and levy train. Inconsistent and now average after injury.

D needs some infused talent. Offense needs healthy Rbs and oline and get their head out of their ass

Disappointing end. They need to figure out how to get better

5 losses to road playoff teams. 34-6 was those teams records at home. Mission impossible

Last edited:
I agree with you .. Hopefully Quinn can over come our history and deliver us New England type winning.

Last edited:

Need a dt, de and nickel cb. I am off the whitehead and levy train. Inconsistent and now average after injury.

D needs some infused talent. Offense needs healthy Rbs and oline and get their head out of their ass

5 losses to road playoff teams. 34-6 was those teams records at home. Mission impossible

welcome to reality. We were tying to bring you here for a while now.

I agree with you .. Hopefully Quinn can over come our history and deliver us New England type winning.

I have little hope. He's the one that had time to put better players out there. But many on here praise the Lion's after 9-4, one or two suggested the best team we had in years.

This team was always a mess just more noticeable when they started losing. When people were saying earlier in the season this was a better receiving core without Calvin I wonder if Detroit Lions fans know anything..

welcome to reality. We were tying to bring you here for a while now.

They played better before in many games this year. Even losses. Last night was pathetic though

They earned playoffs by beating skins and sweeping Vikings. Now they need to win on road

I have little hope. He's the one that had time to put better players out there. But many on here praise the Lion's after 9-4, one or two suggested the best team we had in years.

This team was always a mess just more noticeable when they started losing. When people were saying earlier in the season this was a better receiving core without Calvin I wonder if Detroit Lions fans know anything..

The Lions did have a better WR corp without Calvin. That's not even debatable.

LBs - need a serious upgrade across the board. I'd keep Whitehead, but we need two starters there.

DLine - Bring Ziggy back and Robinson is on the right track, the rest is trash. I knew losing Suh would be the death of this Defense. Thanks Mayhew for that parting gift.

DB - Is Quinn an ageless wonder? If not we need two new safeties. Lawson is a number 3 depth CB not a number 2. Diggs needs to come back healthy, he's a decent nickel slot.

OL - Improved but no where near a top caliber line. Not one standout across the board. Decker and Glasgow both have had a starter quality progression, and are good enough, but their ceiling is just that, nothing more. Run blocking across the board is mediocre. Frustrating to say that this is the least of our worries.

RB - Losing Riddick really hurt us badly. Draft a RB, Ameer Abdullah is Andre Ellington from the Cardinals. A tweener back we don't need with Riddick out there. Great #3 depth. Draft a true workhorse back if we are going to commit to this ball control offense.

QB - Stafford made strides in pocket awareness this year. We can win with him.

WR - I lauded the Marvin Jones pickup, but he has been exposed. Can't beat press man, loses on some routes, and when he wins he has had some timely drops. Not a red zone threat. He would be a great number 3 if we weren't paying him like a 2 or 1a. Tate is a great 1a, shifty and great at picking up YAC. Can produce big plays and beat his man deep. Boldin was a good possession receiver. Ebron was the most frustrating player to watch, talent buried under a lack of confidence and concentration. Again, like the OL, this group isn't going to get much better in the near term with all of the other holes that need filling.

TE - Ebron is a WR. Then we have like Mike Mulligan or something. This seems like a cheap FA fill of a vet blocking/catching TE.

Last edited:
I'll take Calvin, even with his injury, over any 2 WR we currently have. Especially in the red-zone.

That's fine. I'm not dissing on #81. He was missed....especially in the redzone yes but as a trio, we had the best WR corp in years IMO.

LBs - need a serious upgrade across the board. I'd keep Whitehead, but we need two starters there.

DLine - Bring Ziggy back and Robinson is on the right track, the rest is trash. I knew losing Suh would be the death of this Defense. Thanks Mayhew for that parting gift.

DB - Is Quinn an ageless wonder? If not we need two new safeties. Lawson is a number 3 depth CB not a number 2. Diggs needs to come back healthy, he's a decent nickel slot.

OL - Improved but no where near a top caliber line. Not one standout across the board. Decker and Glasgow both have had a starter quality progression, and are good enough, but their ceiling is just that, nothing more. Run blocking across the board is mediocre. Frustrating to say that this is the least of our worries.

RB - Losing Riddick really hurt us badly. Draft a RB, Ameer Abdullah is Andre Ellington from the Cardinals. A tweener back we don't need with Riddick out there. Great #3 depth. Draft a true workhorse back if we are going to commit to this ball control offense.

QB - Stafford made strides in pocket awareness this year. We can win with him.

WR - I lauded the Marvin Jones pickup, but he has been exposed. Can't beat press man, loses on some routes, and when he wins he has had some timely drops. Not a red zone threat. He would be a great number 3 if we weren't paying him like a 2 or 1a. Tate is a great 1a, shifty and great at picking up YAC. Can produce big plays and beat his man deep. Boldin was a good possession receiver. Ebron was the most frustrating player to watch, talent buried under a lack of confidence and concentration. Again, like the OL, this group isn't going to get much better in the near term with all of the other holes that need filling.

TE - Ebron is a WR. Then we have like Mike Mulligan or something. This seems like a cheap FA fill of a vet blocking/catching TE.

I agree with everything you said except for your CB bit. Lawson needs to move to the slot IMO. Hes a better athlete than Diggs and I think he could excel in the slot. We need more talent everywhere, but I see the biggest needs in this order.

1. DT- penetrating pass rusher
2. CB-Outside to replace and move Lawson inside
3. LB-mlb, move Whitehead to the strong side
4. LB-to replace Levy when we cut him after next year
5. WR-Big bodied receiver, move Tate to the slot

I agree with everything you said except for your CB bit. Lawson needs to move to the slot IMO. Hes a better athlete than Diggs and I think he could excel in the slot. We need more talent everywhere, but I see the biggest needs in this order.

Lawson > Diggs as a DB but slot corner is a niche position. Lawson is a bigger body which may work if he can press but Diggs low centre of gravity, quick hips, and short speed makes him more suited to cover the slot.

Agreed 100 percent. Lawson did well as number 2 if yo look at yardage. But a good young cb that could be a number 1 is always a plus to add in case slay gets hurt again. Lawson would be great 2 depth and s good slot cb.

Whitehead and levy failed late in the season. Both are under contract though. Antwione Williams showed some flashes. Lb upgrade is needed. Levy no linger a stud. I hate injuries

Offense needs health and one big fast wr to move Tate to slot where he would dominate. Boldin fell apart in most crucial part of season. Let him walk or retire,

Penetrating dt a must''if we got 3 of those 5 lions would be a much better team

Last edited:
Agreed 100 percent. Lawson did well as number 2 if yo look at yardage. But a good young cb that could be a number 1 is always a plus to add in case slay gets hurt again. Lawson would be great 2 depth and s good slot cb.

Whitehead and levy failed late in the season. Both are under contract though. Antwione Williams showed some flashes. Lb upgrade is needed. Levy no linger a stud. I hate injuries

Offense needs health and one big fast wr to move Tate to slot where he would dominate. Boldin fell apart in most crucial part of season. Let him walk or retire,

Penetrating dt a must''if we got 3 of those 5 lions would be a much better team

I think we address WR in FA. I havent even paid attention to Antwione Williams this year, havent heard his name called much, so idk if thats a good thing. Either way, our lb crew needs to be infused with talent. Im in the minority, thinking that DT is a bigger need than DE, but i think a penetrating DT FIXES this pass rush. It'd be awesome if we somehow got Johnathon Allen from Bama in round 1, but hes probably gonna go in the beginning of the 1st. Paired with Robinson our DTs would be set for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I think we address WR in FA. I havent even paid attention to Antwione Williams this year, havent heard his name called much, so idk if thats a good thing. Either way, our lb crew needs to be infused with talent. Im in tge minority, thinking that DT is a bigger need than DE, but i think a penetrating DT FIXES this pass rush. It'd be awesome if we somehow got Johnathon Allen from Bama in round 1, but hes probably gonna go in the beginning of the 1st.

That's a bad thing if you don't hear a LB's name. That means he isn't doing much. You never want to hear an OLineman's name because he's probably getting beat or causing a penalty. I like William's upside though...he was a tackling machine in college. LB needs to be addressed still with a high pick....

Red zone play calling needs to improve. Plus a red zone play maker. So many freaking drops is just unacceptable. Ebron is maddening talent. Wr did fantastic without Calvin but stop dropping the dang ball.

I'm proud of you and I'm not trying to be condescending. You're taking this loss better than most people I've talked to. Look forward to talking draft around here with you.

What the hell is going on? Sgg, and LPK communicating? Not sure I know how to deal with that. Someone must be on their pills.. maybe I need to take one as well.

Back