Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump or Bush, hypothetical

She's already worked in the White House - for Al Gore during the Clinton years. Maybe if she was a little heavier and more "ambitious" (i.e. willing to show she knows her way around a cigar) she could have gotten a job working for Bill. Also, she was a vocal Barack Obama supporter and initially endorsed Hillary for President back in 2014. And, she's still pretty hot so she's got that going for her...

Seems like she's going to basically be Trump's Valerie Jarret.

So we'll see.

I'm gonna wake up @ early on Friday for the 'naugurtation.

I've always watched it every year since I've been a kid But I'm guessing this is going to be the funniest and the weirdest I've ever seen.

Well, if we're appointing The Apprentice contestants, I nominate my South Quad '91 dormmate, who worked in the cafeteria and who it took a few episodes for me to remember how I knew her ...Liz!

[always wondered what she would say, given all the sexual misconduct/assault talk around Trump]

Manigault's previous tenure at the White House preceded anything she ever had to do with the television show The Apprentice.

So if whoever decided to hire her to work for the Clinton administration did so without having anything to do with her being on The Apprentice, it seems a little inconsistent that her qualifications to return to the White House are based exclusively on her participation with that television show.

Manigault's previous tenure at the White House preceded anything she ever had to do with the television show The Apprentice.

So if whoever decided to hire her to work for the Clinton administration did so without having anything to do with her being on The Apprentice, it seems a little inconsistent that her qualifications to return to the White House are based exclusively on her participation with that television show.

Maybe she could be the Sec of Education then

She's already worked in the White House - for Al Gore during the Clinton years. Maybe if she was a little heavier and more "ambitious" (i.e. willing to show she knows her way around a cigar) she could have gotten a job working for Bill. Also, she was a vocal Barack Obama supporter and initially endorsed Hillary for President back in 2014. And, she's still pretty hot so she's got that going for her...

Pick any one of the other 38 GOP candidates from the primaries and not one of them would have (re)hired her, regardless of her role under Gore, before she became a Reality TV villain.

She's going to have the job that Valerie Jarrett is leaving.

I don't know why she would automatically be less qualified than Valerie Jarrett was. I don't even know anything about what Valerie Jarrett ever did for she started working at the White House. I guess my understanding as she was close and loyal to Barack Obama for a long time before he became elected president.

All I get when I click the link is an offer to subscribe to the USA today.

Weird. Link works for me. Maybe it's a cookie thing.

“It’s so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get into the White House, we know where we stand,” Omarosa told the Independent Journal Review at Trump’s election night party in New York City.

Omarosa specifically mentioned Sen. Lindsey Graham, who announced on Twitter that he voted for another candidate.

“If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him. I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want, but let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list,” Omarosa told the Journal Review.

Now that I'm copy/pasting it...there is a break in the quote, so maybe the enemies talk and the list talk were separated by more conversation, but I still say it's chilling, but that changes the bit about them wanting to send that message.

Last edited:
Weird. Link works for me. Maybe it's a cookie thing.

Now that I'm copy/pasting it...there is a break in the quote, so maybe the enemies talk and the list talk were separated by more conversation, but I still say it's chilling, but that changes the bit about them wanting to send that message.

She was basically saying the same thing that every Trump supporter was saying about every Republican who had run for the nomination and had pledged to support whomever became the nominee and was going back on that pledge - there could be ramifications for breaking that pledge.

Nothing really to see here.

She was basically saying the same thing that every Trump supporter was saying about every Republican who had run for the nomination and had pledged to support whomever became the nominee and was going back on that pledge - there could be ramifications for breaking that pledge.

Nothing really to see here.

That's pretty hypocritical for someone who wouldn't agree to support the republican nominee, unless it was him.

Pick any one of the other 38 GOP candidates from the primaries and not one of them would have (re)hired her, regardless of her role under Gore, before she became a Reality TV villain.

Well, there weren't 38 - or even 17 for that matter - who sought the Democratic Presidential Nomination for 2008 entering the primaries - but there were actually 8:

Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Bill Richardson
Dennis Kucinich
John Edwards
Chris Dodd
Mike Gravel

So...pick any of the other seven and name one who WOULD have hired Valerie Jarrett, regardless of anything she might or might not have done prior to the hypothetical election of that candidate.

That's pretty hypocritical for someone who wouldn't agree to support the republican nominee, unless it was him.

Who are you talking about? Trump?

Shortly after the first debate, Trump signed the same pledge to eventually support the Republican nominee that Lindsey Graham and all the other candidates signed.

oh man. Did you read that comment from Betsy DeVos that free state college is bad because "nothing in life is free"?

she inherited all her money!

and she wants to use her inherited money to fuck things up for everyone else. everyone poorer and less fortunate than her...

and the DeVos's made their money from a parasitic pyramid scheme!

Yay "capitalism"

oh man. Did you read that comment from Betsy DeVos that free state college is bad because "nothing in life is free"?

she inherited all her money!

and she wants to use her inherited money to fuck things up for everyone else. everyone poorer and less fortunate than her...

So...are you saying that Omarosa Manigault SHOULD be the Secretary of Education?

She didn't inherit billions of dollars...

She's from a troubled poor town, her father was murdered when she was a child, she graduated from a public high school and got her undergrad from Central State in Ohio...

Omarosa is everything DeVos isn't!

I was hoping someone would make this point.

As the link states, all of the last three standing - Trump, Cruz, and Kasich - were waffling on the pledge against each other.

So Trump was doing the same thing as the other two.

I'm sure we all remember how rancorous and contentious things had become at that point.

Well yeah, they had to also have done it in order for Trump to criticize them for it and for me to call him a hypocrite for being upset about it.

eh... if it comes down to the two of them, yes, I guess Omarosa (sp?)

Well yeah, they had to also have done it in order for Trump to criticize them for it and for me to call him a hypocrite for being upset about it.

Ha, ha...it was a wild ass campaign with a number of bad actors in both parties...you can call Trump a hypocrite if you want to; I definitely believe he's an ass...

BUT - I don't have any particular problem with Omarosa Manigault stepping into Valerie Jarrett's job; again, I don't see why she would be viewed as any less qualified than Jarrett was - arguably she's more qualified.

After all, Jarrett stepped into her position at the White House having ZERO White House experience - unlike Manigault is going to step back in with.

Back