Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tuck goin'

gotime909

No way he's on the sideline again for msu. Good riddance scumbag

Seems there is a lot to come out on this - the piece I read is light on details and I'm by no means desperate to keep him on as coach, or defend his poor judgement but how do you engage in nonconsensual phone sex? Seems like you can just hang up before being raped telephonically. Am I misreading this? Is he actually charged with harrassment and not unwanted (after the fact) phone sex?

I'm not sold on him as a coach but I don't want to ruin the guy's life to get rid of him if he engaged in extramarital phone sex with someone who later regretted it.

Last edited:
The best case scenario here is still worth canning the idiot. There is absolutely no excuse for him to be this tone deaf

Seems there is a lot to come out on this - the piece I read is light on details and I'm by no means desperate to keep him on as coach, or defend his poor judgement but how do you engage in nonconsensual phone sex? Seems like you can just hang up before being raped telephonically. Am I misreading this? Is he actually charged with harrassment and not unwanted (after the fact) phone sex?

I'm not sold on him as a coach but I don't want to ruin the guy's life to get rid of him if he engaged in extramarital phone sex with someone who later regretted it.

Our buddy MichChamp posted a link to an article from the Freep.

After a cursory thin slice reading, it seems he used language of an inappropriate sort with a (she?s pretty) woman who was a rape victim.

Dude - don?t shit wheee you eat. Go do that shit on the next town over,

Or go to Ann Arbor.

Yes - the majority of women there probably still. hairy legged lesbians - but you can find a doable M coed if you try.

I found a few when I was there.

Tucker has to be the dumbest SOB to ever coach college football just flushed $80M away.

Harlon Barnett ti be named interim coach. Mark Dantonio is returning to MSU football in some capacity. My guess is an advisor of some sort.

Press conference today at 5. Tucker to be placed on leave pending the October hearing after which he?ll be fired. He?ll sue and there will be a settlement, but he?s not getting a lot.

Tucker has to be the dumbest SOB to ever coach college football just flushed $80M away.

Harlon Barnett ti be named interim coach. Mark Dantonio is returning to MSU football in some capacity. My guess is an advisor of some sort.

Press conference today at 5. Tucker to be placed on leave pending the October hearing after which he?ll be fired. He?ll sue and there will be a settlement, but he?s not getting a lot.

I'm sure all of your info is coming from the "insiders" on red cedar. We know how that has gone in the past.

What Tucker has already admitted to doing is enough to fire him. I'm betting he'll be canned today.

Its funny seeing these 247 clowns from red cedar tweet misinformation. I've seen them go back and forth on whether Tuck is suspended or fired a half dozen times the last hour. Johnny even posted here that Tuck had been fired and now just deleted the post. We have THE WORST "insiders"

is that your expert legal opinion based on your in depth knowledge of the situation and review of all the evidence?

Barnett was a great player from my time at MSU but he's been mediocre at best as a position coach and a disaster as co-defensive coordinator. Making a guy who got demoted back to position coach the new interim head coach, passing over both coordinators says a lot and it's not good.

Last edited:
In my opinion I see zero scenario where Tucker will be coaching again here. As everyone else has said countless times already, even if it is deemed consensual, the clause in the contract about not bringing embarrassment to the university applies here. Mel?s clock management was always garbage, I never figured his life management was that moronic too.

What an absolute dumpster fire this program has become

Looking at Tucker's resume, this is the longest he's spent in any one place/role his entire coaching career.

Correction: if he finished out this year he would have tied his tenure at OSU where he spent 4 season, 3 as d-backs coach and 1 as co-Defensive Coordinator and Jacksonville where he was D Coordinator, interim head coach and Assistant HC over 4 seasons. Dude has been at 11 places (MSU twice) over 26 seasons.

Last edited:
Our buddy MichChamp posted a link to an article from the Freep.

After a cursory thin slice reading, it seems he used language of an inappropriate sort with a (she?s pretty) woman who was a rape victim.

Dude - don?t shit wheee you eat. Go do that shit on the next town over,

Or go to Ann Arbor.

Yes - the majority of women there probably still. hairy legged lesbians - but you can find a doable M coed if you try.

I found a few when I was there.

Way back when there were only 10 B1G schools. How did the saying go? Nine out of ten girls in the B1G are cute and the tenth one goes to michigan...

The more I read about this, the more I realize what an idiot Tucker is. I have my doubts about Brenda Tracy - she doesn't seem all that credible, like a low rent Christine Blasey Ford. If it was possible to prove her late 90s claim one way or the other, I'd bet the other. But that's not a defense of Tucker - if she is a fraud and a grifter, he's even dumber for serving himself up on a silver platter to her.

Apparently, according to Tucker, she was seeking a monthly allowance to be his girlfriend and of course, according to Tucker their telephonic dalliances were consensual. Tucker also said "Ms. Tracy's distortion of our mutually consensual and intimate relationship into allegations of sexual exploitations has really affected me. I am not proud of my judgement and I am having difficulty forgiving myself for getting into this situation, but I did not engage in misconduct by any definition."

Uh, yeah ya did Mel - at a minimum you betrayed and humiliated your wife of 20+ years and 2 school aged kids going behind their backs negotiating a deal for your side piece and jerking off on the phone with her. That's textbook misconduct by just about anyone's standards.

And that's the minimum harm you've caused. It's certainly possible that Tracy is a survivor and if that is the case, and she wasn't going along with the phone sex thing then Tucker's an idiot and even bigger scumbag. But here's what I don't get - if she didn't consent or participate in the flirting, how did it get to the point where he was masturbating on the phone without her consent? Why didn't she just hang up the phone and block him?

Before anyone freaks out that i'm defending Tucker, I'm not. Whether Tracy is legitimate or a fraud/grifter and whether she participated or Tucker did this without consent, he's an idiot and a bad guy. There isn't a scenario in this where Tucker doesn't look bad.

disclaimer for michturd - I think what Tucker did was awful and he should be done at MSU...

One of my uofm alum friends brought up an interesting comparison. He's a pretty reasonable guy and was actually making fun of all the morons at mgoblog for lighting their hair on fire over this. Anyway, his thought was if Jeffrey Toobin can whack it on a Zoom session with a bunch of his CNN colleagues (clearly without their consent) and only serve a brief suspension, Tucker shouldn't get raked over the coals. However, this guy wants Tucker to stay because he thinks he's a mediocre coach.

In the Toobin case everyone saw him spanking it, but he didn't intend for them to witness it or get their consent (what an idiot). Of course, they could have just logged off like Tracy could have just hung up. Personally, I don't think Toobin should have kept his job so for me, it doesn't help Tucker's cause. But it's interesting to see how the two cases are being treated so differently.

Last edited:
So Tucker has been fired for cause - he has 7 days to reply which he almost certainly will.

Too bad this thing didn?t take down Haller too, he hasn?t demonstrated very good leadership or decision making skills. But we?re probably stuck with him so hopefully he does better this time.

Last edited:
Back