Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tulloch Says Pay Me

lions2011

Stephen Tulloch - LB - Lions

Free agent MLB Stephen Tulloch is reportedly seeking a long-term deal that will top that of Browns MLB D'Qwell Jackson's five-year, $42.5 million contract.

You know when I read that he wanted to get that deal him and his family were looking for and test FA, it seems to me he'll go where the top coin is. I'm not so confident anymore he'll be back :) .

2012: $3.....2013: $4........2014: $5.......2015: $16..........2016: $16.........== 5yrs $44 Mill

please sign

tsmith7559 said:
2012: $3.....2013: $4........2014: $5.......2015: $16..........2016: $16.........== 5yrs $44 Mill

please sign

he wants more guaranteed then Jackson....stack it anyway you want but it'll have to have 20 million in guarantees.

tsmith7559 said:

please sign

personally, i'd rather have it front loaded. with all the restrcturing and stafford's contract coming up, i'd rather get the big money out of the way now.

give him something like 5 years 43 million with a 20 in guarantees , give him a big signing bonus and fully guarantee the first 3 years.

2015 the big money comes in. Stafford won't be too bad if they extend him next year(becasue next year Stafford is 20 million from the restrucutre) and start low like with Calvin (11.5,12.2,12.2 then 19.7 in 2015 for Calvin). Give Tulloch a big signing bonus 20/5=4 cap hit plus 1 million in base salary this year so 5 cap number. 21 in cash. Thats 21 right there, 23 to go over 4 years between base and roster bonus /workout/incentives.

It all depends what other teams think he is worth and if the Lions think he is worth that much compared to say a David Hawthorne. The 2010 starting MLB is still on the roster too but I don't want Levy back there. Lions might be ok with it with Durant(instead of Peterson in 2010) and a drafted player (instead of Palmer/Follet/Carpenter like in 2010).

9 per is way too much for him, 8 is a lot to much, 7 is too much...6 is better. Cya

mhughes0021 said:
9 per is way too much for him, 8 is a lot to much, 7 is too much...6 is better. Cya

it's all about the guaranteed....like Monster says front load it so all the guarantees are paid out in the first 3 years....he won't see year 4 or 5 of the deal.

sign tulloch and avril, for that matter get SLH a new contract as well. Still should have quite a bit of cap left, throw some at the OL (2 of Backus, Winston, Mcneil) and go Defense in the draft. Off of injury, I doubt Mcneil would get the $$$ that he's worth.

This is off the assumption that we have about 20mil in cap plus whatever Avril's deal would clear up for this year?

SLICK said:
lionskillpack said:

really a 2 year deal...the roster bonus in 2014 will be the decision maker.

Yep. Nothing much to restructure there. It's do or die in 2014. Smart with Jacksons injury history. Lions structure it like Jackson then Tulloch for 2 more seasons with 3 drafts before we would have to play without him. I'm all for that contract. But Tulloch might want more signing bonus than 7 mil.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]sign tulloch and avril, for that matter get SLH a new contract as well. Still should have quite a bit of cap left, throw some at the OL (2 of Backus, Winston, Mcneil) and go Defense in the draft. Off of injury, I doubt Mcneil would get the $$$ that he's worth.

This is off the assumption that we have about 20mil in cap plus whatever Avril's deal would clear up for this year?

ya getting an Avril contract and off that tag sure would help.

And this is the last year for CW(5 million), Hanson(3.2 million) and Raiola (3.4) IMO. 11.6 in space from them next year and whatever saving from getting rid of KVB a year early after this season unless he restructures or takes a pay cut if he's even worth it after this year keeping around. But next year we got Houston,Durant,Lo Jack,Levy,Lee-Hill and Delmas as free agents. Gosder too but I think he will be gone(another 3.2 mil). And Stafford should be extended next year (20 million cap number if not, 17 original plus 3 from restructure).

Back