Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

U.S. prosecutor who has investigated Trump lawyer refuses to resign

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
U.S. prosecutor who has investigated Trump lawyer refuses to resign

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A top U.S. federal prosecutor whose office has been investigating President Donald Trump?s personal lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani, on Friday refused to step down after the administration abruptly said it was replacing him.

Barr, in a surprise late-night announcement, said the U.S. Attorney in Manhattan, Geoffrey Berman, was stepping down and that he would nominate Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Jay Clayton to take Berman?s spot.

Berman, who leads a powerful office known for prosecuting high-profile terrorism cases, Wall Street financial crimes and government corruption, said he first learned of the move from Barr?s press release and would not go quietly.

?I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning my position,? Berman said in a statement. ?I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate. Until then, our investigations will move forward without delay or interruption.?

Weird that Trump/Barr would be in a rush to get rid of his own hand picked US attorney just 5 months before the election. Willing to bet the Senate is on the confirmation for Clayton in record time.

Sounds like he was doing his job and investigating crimes, crimes that Trump allies committed.

Back