Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UDFA list

#Texas CB/nickel Antwuan Davis tells me he has signed a free agent deal with the Detroit Lions. #HookEm

The Lions have reached an agreement with undrafted free agent guard John Montelus (Virginia)

Jo Jo Wicker DE ASU
Mike Ford CB SE MO St
Chris Jones DB Nebraska
Teo Redding WR Bowling Green
Al-Rasheed Benton LB WVU
Brett Kendrick OL Tennessee

Last edited:
Deandre Goolsby | TE/FB | Florida

Fitted with strong hands and fluid route-running technique, Florida TE DeAndre Goolsby was a sure-fire target for whichever Gator quarterback went under center a season ago. He caught 71.7 percent of his targets last season to lead all SEC tight ends in catch percentage. He has now caught over 71 percent of his targets in each of his last two seasons in Gainesville.

A former three-star recruit out of Kansas, Goolsby has dropped just two of his 57 catchable targets in his career, one in each of the last two seasons. His 2.56 drop rate ranked No. 1 among draft-eligible tight ends with at least 50 targets last season.

Goolsby continued to have success even after he secured the catch, as he ranked No. 2 in yards after the catch returning SEC tight ends in 2016.

Where Goolsby has failed to make ends meet is in pass protection. Allowing two sacks, two quarterback hits and two hurries on just 69 pass blocking snaps a year ago, Goolsby ranked No. 60 in pass blocking efficiency among returning tight ends with at least 40 snaps in pass protection.

Sounds like Evan Engram. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he makes the final roster, or practice squad at the very least.

Benton, and the tight end out of Florida have a shot to make the club

Lions UDFA WR Teo Redding did not drop a pass on 71 targets in 2017.
The 6-foot-1, 181-pound WR had a 127.3 rating when targeted. Ran a 4.46 at his pro day as well.

Deandre Goolsby | TE/FB | Florida

Sounds like Evan Engram. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he makes the final roster, or practice squad at the very least.

I would nut if he turns into Evan Engram....

Back