Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UM vs IU

I'm really proud of this team. I don't know if the sudden change was because of the players or the coaches, but they're playing harder, tougher, and with more energy than i've seen in about four years.

DJ Wilson is really coming along, boxing out is getting better, too. The blocks inside are really nice as is the shooting touch.

Wagner is a fucking madman. He is everything that Mitch Mcgary was supposed to be and as his rebounding improves, he is going to be great.

Walton is the straw. When he's playing well, we play well. And he's playing well. Finally.

Irvin is still hit or miss, but still manages to get points to help the team.

Rahk is awesome. He finally seems like he's being more agressive like he has been so far in his career. I thought that earlier he seemed a bit timid and maybe even a bit hurt. He wasn't playing like himself.

The bench is still pretty weak, but if the starters keep playing like this, we can afford it. It could catch up to us in a tourny run, but in the regular season, we'll be okay. Duncan Robinson's shot is important. If he can knock down 2-3 threes per game, we're good. And he really seems to be rounding into form.

I love these players and have been extremely frustrated by the roller coaster season we've had so far. I really hope this team is showing us glimpses of the future.

also...Fuck IU.

Great post .. espically the fuck IU! After Illinois called us out as a white collar team they got pissed as the should as they were playing soft. But they regrouped wore the dark blues verses Illinois and went to work .. key game may have been the 68-64 loss at Wisconsin. The played hard had a shot to win that game and carried over that type of hustle and play I think .

Last edited:
Yep. Not a PG either.

Great ass kicking tonight! Go Blue!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a couple of players coming in next year that can play PG. I don't recall if either of them are natural PGs though.

Nice win. Team finally sounds like they played a complete game. Can they sustain it now? I still have my doubts with inconsistent Zak and Walton leading the way.

Any win over IU hoops is definitely satisfying though.

Nice win. Team finally sounds like they played a complete game. Can they sustain it now? I still have my doubts with inconsistent Zak and Walton leading the way.

Any win over IU hoops is definitely satisfying though.

With the way Wilson and Wagner have played, if Irvin and a point guard (Walton or Simpson, but most likely Walton) are even decent, we're going to do some damage in conference play. Unfortunately, as you correctly point out, they aren't consistent.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a couple of players coming in next year that can play PG. I don't recall if either of them are natural PGs though.

Like Bob pointed out, Brooks is a combo guard. Same goes for Poole. They both struggle a bit with ball handling when they go against good defenders or heavy pressure. Not the most promising thing if we want them running point next year.

Back