Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

unofficial depth chart

schles192

OFFENSE
WR -- Nate Burleson, Patrick Edwards, Mike Thomas, Micheal Spurlock, Terrence Austin, Cody Wilson
LT -- Riley Reiff, LaAdrian Waddle, Austin Holtz
LG -- Rob Sims, Rodney Austin
C -- Dominic Raiola, Darren Keyton, Leroy Harris
RG -- Dylan Gandy, Jake Scott, Larry Warford
RT -- Jason Fox, Corey Hilliard, Derek Hardman
TE -- Brandon Pettigrew, Michael Williams
TE -- Tony Scheffler, Joseph Fauria, Matt Veldman
WR -- Calvin Johnson, Ryan Broyles, Kris Durham, Matt Willis, Chaz Schilens, Corey Fuller
QB -- Matthew Stafford, Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore, Thaddeus Lewis
RB -- Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, Joique Bell, Montell Owens, Theo Riddick, Shaun Chapas, Steven Miller

DEFENSE
LDE -- Ezekiel Ansah, Israel Idonije, Ronnell Lewis, Braylon Broughton
DT -- Nick Fairley, C.J. Mosley, Andre Fluellen, Xavier Proctor
DT -- Ndamukong Suh, Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, Ogemdi Nwagbuo
RDE -- Jason Jones, Willie Young, Devin Taylor
OLB -- Ashlee Palmer, Tahir Whitehead, Jon Morgan
MLB -- Stephen Tulloch, Travis Lewis, Carmen Messina
OLB -- DeAndre Levy, Cory Greenwood, Brandon Hepburn
LCB -- Chris Houston, Bill Bentley, Chris Greenwood, Domonique Johnson
RCB -- Ron Bartell, Darius Slay,Jonte Green, Ross Weaver, DeQuan Menzie, Brandon King
SS -- Glover Quin, Amari Spievey, John Wendling,Tyrell Johnson
FS -- Louis Delmas, Don Carey, Chris Hope, Martavius Neloms, Trevor Coston

SPECIAL TEAMS
PK -- David Akers, Havard Rugland
P -- Sam Martin, Blake Clingan
H -- Sam Martin, Blake Clingan
LS -- Don Muhlbach
PR -- Micheal Spurlock, Patrick Edwards, Mike Thomas, Steven Miller
KR -- Micheal Spurlock, Patrick Edwards, Mike Thomas, Steven Miller

Start Slay and Warford. Cut that Shack Harris reject Mike Thomas. That is all.

Start Slay and Warford. Cut that Shack Harris reject Mike Thomas. That is all.

Warford has been getting schooled in pass pro.

? Poor Larry Warford is probably having nightmares about trying to block Ndamukong Suh. The All-Pro made easy work of the rookie again on Tuesday. Warford is really struggling with pass protection. During the one-on-one drills, he was having trouble when working against recently signed rookie Xavier Proctor.

? Poor Larry Warford is probably having nightmares about trying to block Ndamukong Suh. The All-Pro made easy work of the rookie again on Tuesday. Warford is really struggling with pass protection. During the one-on-one drills, he was having trouble when working against recently signed rookie Xavier Proctor.

I imagine Suh would make short work of most starting guards rookie or not. As for the Xavier Proctor thing outside of a bad rep or two in 1 v 1s I'd have to see it to believe it. arford played in the SEC and wasn't a liability in pass pro.

I imagine Suh would make short work of most starting guards rookie or not. As for the Xavier Proctor thing outside of a bad rep or two in 1 v 1s I'd have to see it to believe it. arford played in the SEC and wasn't a liability in pass pro.

I hear ya, it may just mean we are getting good play from the DT spot. he would be #6 on my list of players to watch, granted he will be going against the #3's but still. I like the pick if for nothing else than he will be going against one of the best DT's in the league every day so he will only get better.

I wouldn't put it past mayhew/Schwartz to have the first good draft in years then not play any of them lol.....typical lions.

Schwartz has already given advanced notice for Friday that number 75 will be reporting as eligible.

I hate going into a players 2nd season wondering if they can play because they played very little or not at all as a rookie.

Fuck man, you drafted them now play them.

i lold at "its ridiculous how good they are." I hope suh and fairley turn this guy into an all pro. I want him to start by week 1.

Larry Warford has spent the last 12 practices trying to block Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley. He's certainly a better player now than he was almost two weeks ago because of it, but quite frankly, the rookie guard is ready to hit someone different.

G Larry Warford"It's ridiculous how good they are," Warford said of Suh and Fairley. "I came here and I found out that I have a lot to learn by playing them. Since then I've gotten a lot better."

Warford started three seasons at guard in the SEC, playing against some of the most talented defensive tackles in the college game. But Suh and Fairley showed him rather quickly that he needed to get a whole lot better.

The Lions drafted Warford with the hope that he could fill their vacant starting right guard spot. He's split first-team reps during training camp, but head coach Jim Schwartz reiterated Thursday that the preseason will go a long way to determining that job.

For Warford, the ability to go against two of the most physically gifted tackles in the game has helped prepare him for moments like Friday night, when the Lions host the New York Jets to open the preseason.

"When you're doing really well in college you forget that you still have a lot to improve on," Warford said. "You kind of get complacent a little bit. I found that's what happened with myself. I got a little bit complacent and I got up here and the talent level just skyrockets. I found that out real quick."

Warford said he had to go back to the basics after facing the Lions' talented defensive tackle tandem and is excited to showcase what he's learned and hopefully impress some coaches along the way.

Gandy and Scott don't excite me.

There's quite a bit that will make Lions' fans go limp. But still, if they can stay healthy and the other teams continue to fall apart, anything could happen, including NFC North champions.

Drink the Kool-aid now is my advice...it can ferment into vinegar too damn fast if you don't drink it now!

Back