Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Upcoming Concerts / Concert Reviews

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]GA is the only way I roll.

is that because you like to rage in the MOSH PIT?

No mosh pits at the shows I go to.. just hot blondes rollin' on double stacks.
shocked.gif

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:
is that because you like to rage in the MOSH PIT?

No mosh pits at the shows I go to.. just hot blondes rollin' on double stacks.
shocked.gif

Girls wear double stacked roller blades to concerts you go to? Mitch is going to be so confused..

Electric 6 is playing at the same place in May... and it's on a Saturday. Can't wait to go see that show. I've heard good things about them.

Didn't you have plans to see them a while ago, back on the espn board?

The wife and I are itching to go to a concert. There was a Too Short and Scarface show this weekend, but it got cancelled. Don't know if we really would have gone, but those are two motherfucking legends.

DR said:
Didn't you have plans to see them a while ago, back on the espn board?

The wife and I are itching to go to a concert. There was a Too Short and Scarface show this weekend, but it got cancelled. Don't know if we really would have gone, but those are two motherfucking legends.
maybe, but I dont remember offhand planning to see them. Its weird, but I didnt hear of them until last year. Didnt realize they have been around for almost a decade

TheVictors03 said:
Pre-sale for Jane's Addiction tomorrow @ 10am for a 5/29 show in Denver!

4 in the hand for Jane's at the Fillmore on 5/29 .....last concert was Primus last October.

1997 called and it wants my concert line-up back! Heh.....old man, but I do still enjoy the fringe of the Mosh Pit from time to time!

saw black keys in Milwaukee last summer and may see them again soon.

I saw Flogging Molly last weekend at the Fox Theater (Oakland, Ca). I wasnt really familiar with any of their songs but it didnt matter, the mosh pit was pretty insane and most of their stuff sounds the same anyhow. Great show. I'll be seeing The Black Keys at Oracle Arena I think next month, really looking forward to that one since I'm really getting into El Camino now. Not sure who opens, but I wouldnt mind if it is still Arctic Monkeys.

Not my thing, but this seems like a huge concert for some of you.

Drake is headlining at DTE on 5/30 with supporting artists: J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, French Montana.

I saw Flogging Molly last weekend at the Fox Theater (Oakland, Ca). I wasnt really familiar with any of their songs but it didnt matter, the mosh pit was pretty insane and most of their stuff sounds the same anyhow. Great show. I'll be seeing The Black Keys at Oracle Arena I think next month, really looking forward to that one since I'm really getting into El Camino now. Not sure who opens, but I wouldnt mind if it is still Arctic Monkeys.

Yep, it is Arctic Monkeys. I've been meaning to give the cd they did with Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age a listen, but have never gotten around to it. Sounds like they've moved pretty far away from their very early stuff.

Not my thing, but this seems like a huge concert for some of you.

Drake is headlining at DTE on 5/30 with supporting artists: J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, French Montana.

I haven't heard of any of those names but Waka Flocka Flame is my new favorite band name.

I saw Springsteen last night in Tampa. First show I have seen without clerence but his nephew filled in well. His son also joined the band on stage at the end of the show.
530658_10150692096335238_686225237_9346519_405612186_n.jpg

GY!BE(!!) 10/14 at the Majestic Theatre. Haven't listened to them in years, but I hear their concerts are insane. Not seeing anything on Ticketmaster yet, but tickets will probably go fast when they do go on sale.

Holy shit, Built to Spill is playing at Mickey Finns in Toledo. That's an Irish pub I used to go to quite a bit after work, when I worked downtown.

They're one of my wife's favorites, we'll definitely be going to that.

I've heard a lot about Built to Spill, but never listened to them. can you recommend a starting point to hear some representative stuff?

also: I'm pissed. I wanted to see that Electric 6 show, but it sold out and I can't find tickets anywhere.

turns out they're playing a double set, AND recording a live album at the venue, which explains the difficulty. I saw tickets available through some sketchy broker, but they were $200+ each; not worth it.

I've heard a lot about Built to Spill, but never listened to them. can you recommend a starting point to hear some representative stuff?

also: I'm pissed. I wanted to see that Electric 6 show, but it sold out and I can't find tickets anywhere.

turns out they're playing a double set, AND recording a live album at the venue, which explains the difficulty. I saw tickets available through some sketchy broker, but they were $200+ each; not worth it.

Sure, I got started on them with Keep It Like A Secret...maybe not the perfect choice for a representative sound, since it's a little more poppy that most of their stuff, but it probably has the best collection of songs. I do use poppy as a relative term, btw. But the first half of that album is great, and then songs like "Time Trap" and "You Were Right" fill out the second half nicely. You'll definitely want to check out "You Were Right" to catch the (maybe heavy handed, but still cool) references.

If you have the bandwidth you might want to also grab You in Reverse. This one came out more recently and it shows them stretching out a little more...pretty damn good guitar work throughout.

The vocals on all their stuff are something you might have to let grow on you, but it's worth it. The lead singer/guitarist is a pretty solid lyricist too.

Sucks about the Electric 6 show...should have put me on the job, I've been money lately finding tickets.

Got floor tickets for Radiohead at the Palace!

Awesome fucking show. Definitely helped that this was my wife's first post-pregnant concert, and we took full advantage, but they put on a hell of a show. Only odd thing was no drinks allowed on the floor. Made for some beer slamming, but I was able to supplement my buzz just fine as the show went on. Out of the handful of times I've seen them this was definitely the most fun.

My buddy put up a ton of pics on FB from the show and said it ROCKED too.

Back