Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Updated Cap Space for All Teams

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't think anyone thought that. But he did get the bonus over a 3 year period.

hopefully he isn't out in week #2

SLICK said:
MalFunkShun said:
"According to papers filed with the NFL Players Association, Stafford reduced his base salary for 2011 from $9 million to $525,000, the minimum for players with two credited seasons."

Wow...

you think he just gave back 8+ million ??? lol

he just rolled it all into bonus money instead of base.....

No, I read the entire article. That's a lot of savings is the message I'm portraying.

MalFunkShun said:
SLICK said:
you think he just gave back 8+ million ??? lol

he just rolled it all into bonus money instead of base.....

No, I read the entire article. That's a lot of savings is the message I'm portraying.

thats why when he signed his contract , I said it was one of the smarter deals Lewand had ever done....left all kinds of room for future manuevering

Seems like it, since everyojne always say "Oh man someones got it out for me, I've dropped 2 karma points since yesterday."...

BTW if it seems like I'm serious about this whole Karma thing, I'm not..it's funny to me too. I just enjoy ruffling feathers and acting like the karma police...think its kind of humerous.

I've given tsmith +2 so far today, but it looks like I'm outnumbered.

Sure hope Stafford earns every penny this year. Actually, I hope he produces so well he makes up for the past two years of being injured on top of that. Not blaming him for being injured, just saying in terms of the Lions bang for their buck.

I gotta admit I am gonna hold my breath every play he is even touched. Hill is good but we need Staff behind center for this team to take the next step.

cheeno said:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/16/updated-cap-space-for-all-32-teams/?campaign=Twitter_blogs

We are about $1m under right now. The only team over is the Rams.

after there FA signings, Pitt is now about $8 Mill over the cap and they have to be under the cap by thursday...

why people worry about another teams cap number baffles me....they'll be at the number when they need to be....it's easily done.

SLICK said:
why people worry about another teams cap number baffles me....they'll be at the number when they need to be....it's easily done.

which might mean consequences to there roster.....

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

which might mean consequences to there roster.....

consequence to their roster...Steelers are one of the smartest organizations in football...all it takes is flipping someones base into a bonus here and there.

come find me when they cut someone of relevance.

Back