Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Updated Lions Off-season Plan

I personally think Wilson is a shoo in as the 2nd QB taken. I think Lance or Fields will be there at #7 and they would both fit that athletic profile with major long term upside.

I put Lance for #2 meant Wilson I changed it.

Based on most of the drafts that I see, you are probably right. Most have Wilson as the 2nd QB off the board.

Lions sent Holmes and Campbell to Wilsons pro day today. They have already been at Lawrence and Lances as well

We may need to start an epic Dan campbell quote thread. "We don't want turds here. " lol.

Someone needs to show him 3/4 of his roster.

Last edited:
Little post draft look at roster, cap, and FA options.

$22 mil in cap space (sportrac top 51 contracts)

Defense: No one really knows what this will look like. We dont seem to have the personnel for a 4-3 or a 3-4. We'll use a base 4-3 with Ju Okwara as an Edge as our example since its most probable:

Flowers Brockers Levi Okwara
Ju Okwara Collins Barnett?
Okudah Marlowe Walker Dunbar
Dime: Amani
Nickel: Elder/Ife
Depth: N Williams, Hand, Bryant, C Harris, Anazalone, W Harris

Offense: Dont know how to feel about our offense. Solidified the oline. QB...no idea how that will pan out. Entire WR group is literally taking a bunch of shit and throwing it against the wall. Literally our UDFAs could be as talented as our 1st string lol.

Decker Jackson Ragnow Vatai Sewell
Williams Hock St Brown Perriman
Goff Swift
Key Back ups: J Williams, Crosby, WR room is a crap shoot

FA options: We still have post draft glaring holes at starting S and LB.
S: Vacarro, Hooker, Tre Boston
LB: Kwon Alexander, Avery Williamson, Mychal Kendricks
Other Potential FA targets:
Melvin Ingram DE/Edge as upgrade over Julian
Trai Turner G as upgrade over Vatai

Last edited:
that might be the worst group of pass catchers in the NFL

WRs weak for sure but speed and talent there. TE good. Swift a good receiving weapon too

Completed Oline blocking really well can extend the time for protection, which leads to about any WR getting open. Williams and Perriman and St. Brown should have ample time to get open

And last year was really mainly Marvin and Amendola and rookie Cephus most of the season. They were top 3 in targets for WRs as Golladay wasn't really playing other than 5 games. So I think overall, we actually improved at WR despite how weak it looks. But of course we downgraded at QB. We'll see how much we downgraded at QB in Sept.

Marvin slightly better than Tyrell, but Perriman>rookie Cephus, St. Brown>Amendola

Plus Hock another year to do more and same with Swift.

Weapons improved
Oline greatly improved
RBs improved with Williams over Peterson, Swift year 2 and Kerryon wanting to play well in a contract year
Scheme improved with Lynn over Bevell?

Last edited:
I'm not as down on the entire group of pass catches are you guys are. The WR group as a whole is definitely in the bottom of the league. When you factor is Hockenson and Swift though, I think they are serviceable. Hockenson should operate as the #1 option in the passing game. Tyrell Williams is a solid #2 WR. He will play the #1 WR role here, but Hockenson will be the primary target. Perriman has shown some flashes and I think in a supplemental role he will be a nice option. Throw in DeAndre Swift who I think will play in the slot for us some and catch a lot of passes and we have options. Then you have Cephus/St.Brown/Raymond/UDFA's fighting for the scraps behind them.

Overall I would rank our WR in the bottom 5 (maybe even the worst if I really looked into it). We do have a top 5 TE though and a top 10 receiving threat at RB, IMO. That should even it out to be a middle of the road to below average group. Add in the fact that our O-Line should be damn good and give our pass catchers a little more time to get open and I think we should have a decent passing attack to compliment our running game.

I'm not as down on the entire group of pass catches are you guys are. The WR group as a whole is definitely in the bottom of the league. When you factor is Hockenson and Swift though, I think they are serviceable. Hockenson should operate as the #1 option in the passing game. Tyrell Williams is a solid #2 WR. He will play the #1 WR role here, but Hockenson will be the primary target. Perriman has shown some flashes and I think in a supplemental role he will be a nice option. Throw in DeAndre Swift who I think will play in the slot for us some and catch a lot of passes and we have options. Then you have Cephus/St.Brown/Raymond/UDFA's fighting for the scraps behind them.

Overall I would rank our WR in the bottom 5 (maybe even the worst if I really looked into it). We do have a top 5 TE though and a top 10 receiving threat at RB, IMO. That should even it out to be a middle of the road to below average group. Add in the fact that our O-Line should be damn good and give our pass catchers a little more time to get open and I think we should have a decent passing attack to compliment our running game.

Agree they could be average at best given strength at TE and RB. And Oline could be great too.

However, if QB is below average, it could still look like crap even with weapons being average. Can average weapons overall and good Oline, make Goff look good? We shall see. Plus a new scheme.

I'm not "down" on the WR group.....but like a lot of other position groups on this team.....it is paper thin on talent AND has an injury history to go along with it. That's a bad combo.

I think Williams is a solid WR....but can he play 14-16 games. Perriman has shown flashes and provides a deep threat that is desperately needed. But his route tree is limited. I like the ASB pick but it will take him some time. Cephus is solid. I think Raymond is better than given credit. He can be the catch and run guy we need. He has that skill set but has never been a really productive part of an offense.

But holy shit if the injury bug his the WR room......we're fucked. I mean Jenna Jameson in a M,M,M,F four way fucked.

I sort of view this year?s draft and next year?s draft bundled into one, especially with where Quinntricia left this team, basically building 80% of the roster from scratch. This team wasn?t winning in 2021 - they most certainly will have three top 40 picks in 2022. The order in which they fill these positions doesn?t matter much to me, just as long as it?s addressed at some point in the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Back