Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vatican launches "Click to Pray" app for your phone

Michchamp

Link.

The app is supposed to let you join in prayers with other people, and also request prayers. Really useful! But I'm pretty sure the app will request to access your location data, contacts, photos, and browsing history "to improve the quality of service" (but really so they can collect all that and sell it to marketers), and also have a "donate" button, because that's what they're in business for.

They also have a desktop site for those of you who try to retain a share of your personal privacy and dignity online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link.

The app is supposed to let you join in prayers with other people, and also request prayers. Really useful! But I'm pretty sure the app will request to access your location data, contacts, photos, and browsing history "to improve the quality of service" (but really so they can collect all that and sell it to marketers), and also have a "donate" button, because that's what they're in business for.

They also have a desktop site for those of you who try to retain a share of your personal privacy and dignity online.

It’s to help God keep track of the shit we do.

God is all “If I had known how much easier it all this would have made My job from the beginning, I would have created technology even before I created that fucking tree.”

Santa Claus is already in negotiations for access to the data.

Last edited:
It?s to help God keep track of the shit we do.

God is all ?If I had known how much easier it all this would have made My job from the beginning, I would have created technology even before I created that fucking tree.?

Santa Claus is already in negotiations for access to the data.

Do St. Peter and Santa really need separate lists? Seems like redundant effort.

Well, at a certain age, everybody drops off of Santa?s list.

also, there are different standards for kids and adults, much like in criminal law.

We typically treat juvenile offenders more leniently as they lack the mental and emotional capacity to truly weigh the depth of their actions.

also, there are different standards for kids and adults, much like in criminal law.

We typically treat juvenile offenders more leniently as they lack the mental and emotional capacity to truly weigh the depth of their actions.

Here?s a question-if John Locke?s theories on freedom and determinism are true, is Santa Claus obligated to bring a kid who has been good that year presents, even all the while knowing that the kid one day will be damned to hell forever for a heinous sin that the kid will be committing in the future?

Here?s a question-if John Locke?s theories on freedom and determinism are true, is Santa Claus obligated to bring a kid who has been good that year presents, even all the while knowing that the kid one day will be damned to hell forever for a heinous sin that the kid will be committing in the future?

To Locke's theories on free will, I say bah, humbug.

I don't suppose they'll include a 'Click here to report a molester.' button?

Well, a person could pray for the comfort of the victim, and a person could pray that the perpetrator would reject their former sinful ways.

I guess a person could pray that the police catch the perpetrator and the perpetrator is punished, although probably just calling the police and reporting the perpetrator themself, rather than praying to an in animate handheld device would probably be more effective.

Back