Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vegas Summer League

I didn't watch and don't plan to. I saw that Stewart went 3-4 from three which is interesting. I went back and looked and over the last 8 games of the year he took 18 and made 11. Prior to that he only attempted 28 making 4. Maybe this is going to be something going forward.

Piston won 81-78. They lead from start to finish and were up 7-10 most of the first half. It was more like 3-6 in the second half and I think Portland tied the game a few times. Each time the pistons took lead back. Livers who announcer was calling Live-ers made a one three early and missed alot of wide open looks in the second half. Stewart was a beast and that Duren kid is a keeper. Three point shooting was lousy 9-29 31% . Livers again was wide open so many times when the pistons could put game away and he just kept missing?.I thought the defense was pretty decent. The team has 12 steals or Portland?s 0. I thought Brandon Key played decent also.

Box score
Pistons
Ivey 20/6/6 night not to shabby. (6-14)shooting. One long shot clock three was waved off because he barley kicked his leg out.
I guess nba has a new rule on this. It wasn?t bad kid out . Seen way worst , and should been I highlight three)
Stewart 13
Lee 13
Key 11

https://www.nba.com/game/por-vs-det-1522200002/box-score

Last edited:
I wonder why Duren only played 12 minutes

I was wondering too. He was a beast in his few minutes. They said he just signed
Last night because they had to wait for the trade to go through and his only practice with the team was yesterday day before or on the day. Not sure. But it was late. So maybe he just didn?t know the plays. Announcer compared to him to a young Shawn Kemp?This kid?s body for a 18 year old is nba ready now. Only freaking 18. I?m still not giving up on Hayes.. turnovers are still a issue with Casey?s Detroit team.

Last edited:
I was wondering too. He was a beast in his few minutes. They said he just signed
Last night because they had to wait for the trade to go through and his only practice with the team was yesterday day before or on the day. Not sure. But it was late. So maybe he just didn?t know the plays. Announcer compared to him to a young Shawn Kemp?This kid?s body for a 18 year old is nba ready now. Only freaking 18. I?m still not giving up on Hayes.. turnovers are still a issue with Casey?s Detroit team.

I think with Cunningham and Ivey, Hayes is destined to be a backup. Hopefully he develops into a really good bench player.

Caleb Houstan lead Magic in scoring last night 20 points. 7 for 12 and 5 for 9 from three :/
Where was this for Michigan lol.

Murray had 24 points and 7 rebounds for the Kings along with 3 steals .

Duren had a minor injury which is why he sat out the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Watched most of it live (regretting it today)

- Looked like Ivey was working on his 3 ball in the first half, Portland seemed to be on him pretty good when he had the ball, didn?t see many cuts to the rim until the 2nd half
- Duren is a beast, not sure why he didn?t play much, some speculation that it was because he just signed a couple days ago
- Stew still working on his 3, pretty sure that?s the only reason he?s playing
- Killian seems to be the exact same player we saw last year
- Saben Lee doesn?t belong in the NBA
- Disappointed that we didn?t get to see more of Sharpe
- Braxton Key is an interesting player, I don?t hate him as a back-end bench guy on a bad team

Sharpe hurt his shoulder. That is not good news on Duren. I can?t find anything on Duren?s injury

Last edited:
I heard on NBA radio on XM that his limited minutes was due to him barely practicing with the team. They didn't mention any injury.

Where did you read the injury on Duren . I can?t find anything anywhere Mitch ?

Off hand I don't remember it wasn't a main source.. it makes more sense not playing more because he just signed. Hopefully what I read is wrong.

Back