Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander 20 Wins Before Labor Day

cmlfactor said:
Fun fact. Verlander's wins now account for over a quarter of the Tigers' total wins. He's carrying this team. If they pull off the division he should get Cy Young AND MVP...
while i agree, the voters are gonna pick one of the AL east hitters.

I vote no because if he doesnt go 9 innings we got that Valverde Clown coming in who is obviously useless now. Oh wait I forgot he can pitch with a 1 run lead so I still vote yes.

Beez said:
I vote no because if he doesnt go 9 innings we got that Valverde Clown coming in who is obviously useless now. Oh wait I forgot he can pitch with a 1 run lead so I still vote yes.

Even though Valverde is just ridiculously awful in non-save situations he is ridiculously dominant in getting saves, which is his job. Calling him useless is a slightly ignorant comment on your part.

I think Verlander is in the MVP discussion if he doesn't have an off game the rest of his starts. He'll get 6 or 7 more starts (probably 6 as we may have the division wrapped up by that last series). If he can win 24 games with only 5 or 6 losses and lower his ERA say below 2.15, he'll have to get MVP consideration.

cmlfactor said:
Fun fact. Verlander's wins now account for over a quarter of the Tigers' total wins. He's carrying this team. If they pull off the division he should get Cy Young AND MVP...

27.5% of the Tigers total wins after last night's game. That's an MVP.

It would be nice to know what kind of run support Verlander is getting when he starts. I am well aware of his dominance, just curious.

Doesn't matter really and I know your curious. The only game run support affected him was when he gave 6 to TB and he got a no decision as the Tigers won 7-6.

I checked 4.94 which is 18th lowest. Weaver and Fister are 1 and 2.

Edit: Now it says 23rd at 5.15 which is weird.

done deal.....maybe 21
cool.png

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sweet man. Offense picked him up a bit today.

Yes Sir....the boys wanted it bad for him I think......so now he's an ACE right ? I mean one of Chica's criteria's was you had to have won 20 sometime in a season in your career,..lol

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sweet man. Offense picked him up a bit today.

Yes Sir....the boys wanted it bad for him I think......so now he's an ACE right ? I mean one of Chica's criteria's was you had to have won 20 sometime in a season in your career,..lol

He'll tell us he only went 6+ innings or some BS like that.

20 wins before September with 5 man rotations is an achievement of significance. Verlander has better stuff than any other Tigers pitcher.
Even today with some problems locating, and the umpires small strike zone Verlander did a fine job. We have come to expect a shutout, or 1 run and a 3/4 hit 10 strikeout game every time he pitches, but it doesn't work like that for many pitchers, if at all.
Two streaks of 7 or more wins in a row.
Justin will keep adding to his Cy Young Award 2011 season and career resume hopefully all with the Tigers.

Back