Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander Officially An Ace..On The Chica Criteria

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]We couple probably get quite the package thought. Not young prospects but young Major Leaguers.

you'd get a package like the Jays got for Halladay , probably even a little better...JV is only 28

I think they'd get quite a bit better just for the fact that The Tigers wouldnt seem like there was no way they wouldn't deal him. If it was just "Offer us what you got and if we don't like it we'll keep'em" I think they could get quite a bit. Now saying that I don't know who would even have that to give.

I'm sure some Tiger fans out there wouldn't mind trading him.

After all, I heard one idiot (of the many) call into 97.1 about a month ago and say the Tigers should trade Cabrera if they collapse in the 2nd half.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Cabrera just needs to get off the sauce

god bless him...he still looks a little buzzed on soem of thos Sunday 1:05 starts.

Chico prob doesn't understand the def of an "ace". It's really not a big deal. In 03 I think you could argue that Bonderman was the ace of the staff. All it means is....The best pitcher on the team.

I think he's going on withdraw. I say put some scotch in his locker pre game. Guarantee MVP numbers.

batcave76 said:
Chico prob doesn't understand the def of an "ace". It's really not a big deal. In 03 I think you could argue that Bonderman was the ace of the staff. All it means is....The best pitcher on the team.

Bonderman was never an ace.

best pitcher on a team full of crap pitchers yep...but never a guy I'd trust with the ball if i needed a win.

SLICK said:
batcave76 said:

Bonderman was never an ace.

best pitcher on a team full of crap pitchers yep...but never a guy I'd trust with the ball if i needed a win.
They needed wins in 03.....Just didn't get 'em. As far as talent, youth and potential were concerned , at that point, right or wrong, Bonderman was highly regarded. Dombrowski gets ripped on alot but, the guy knows talent. It might not always work out, but he generally knows what he's doing. He gave up a work horse, the best pitcher on the team, Weaver, to aquire Bondo and Pena.

batcave76 said:

The best pitcher on the team is not the definiton of an ACE. An ACE is someone you trust 110% everytime he goes on the mound and you're confident your coming out with a "W". That's a fn ACE.

tonyballs said:
batcave76 said:

The best pitcher on the team is not the definiton of an ACE. An ACE is someone you trust 110% everytime he goes on the mound and you're confident your coming out with a "W". That's a fn ACE.

I agree. And this year is the first I felt that. He's had great run support in the past and now I'M more confident.in him.

Back