Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

VS Rutgers

gotime909

Can we just stop giving out the number 10 in the entire athletic department? Between Thorne and Hauser I just can't anymore.

Spent all day building a shed in my back yard and was busy most of the day yesterday. Only got through the first half before I fell asleep watching it on DVR Saturday night. As you pointed out, Thorne looked like garbage and almost got Reed killed with horrible throws at least 3 times in the first half. Thankfully it was RU so he was able to find a lot of open receivers to make bad throws to and we actually looked like a team that can run the ball.

The best example of Thornes incompetence was on 2nd down late in the 2nd qtr from about the RU 45, Reed easily beats his man and is flying down-field and you can almost hear him tell himself "wait a second, I probably need to turn around and go back to get this ball" and ended up making a really nice catch. At least Thorne didn't totally hang him out to dry like he did on several other throws - just robbed him of an easy TD.

Purdue hands Illinois their second straight home loss - that should make it tougher to sell that as the signature win that turned the season around. We could still hear about how much the running game has improved since we're no longer playing decent teams. I can almost hear it now - "We're easily the best 5 loss team in the country."

Last edited:
Back