Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

VS Western

gotime909

Not able to watch tonight, but so far I think that's a good thing. I see 2 3 and outs to start.

Not able to watch tonight, but so far I think that's a good thing. I see 2 3 and outs to start.

Don?t worry, you?ll get a full recap of our dominant edge play, how Walker won?t be missed and how the defensive backfield has flipped from our biggest weakness to a clear strength.

Missed a chunk of the 1q so I?ve only seen TD drives. Hard to tell against this level of competition but they?re handling their business so far. Coleman had a nice recovery on an underthrown deep ball for a TD now Thorn just under threw Carr followed by an overthrow on short slant. TEs and WRs helping Thorn look more accurate than he is. Other than the 61yd TD QB draw give up, not seeing a lot of big mistakes - then as I type this, punt coverage makes a dumb late hit OB.

Last edited:
Darius Snow helped off the field - not putting any weight on one foot. Not a good sign.

Thorne has plenty of room to get 1st down on his feet instead makes a dumb throw for a pick.

Latter half of 2nd quarter had some dumb mistakes to kill the momentum.

Starting to run out of fingers to keep track of thorn under throwing receivers down field.

And now a fumble. Looks like a d tackle punched the ball with closed fist - didn?t think you could do that?

Edit: punching ball is illegal in nfl but apparently ok in college.

Last edited:
Freshman kicker picking up where Coghlim left off.

Mistakes piling up since the 3rd TD drive. If WMU didn?t have those turnovers in our end, this could be a 5 pt game or worse.

Announcers are saying we're down both our starting safties and the first backup. Henderson is the only guy I trust on this defense. Hope he's not out for a long time.

You guys do know that, while your Spartans are playing their opening game today on a Friday, a day when literally no other team except their opponent Western Michigan has accepted the inauspicious and and inglorious indignity of being designated to, the entire world is locked in on Serena Williams and her quest to make history, don?t you?

Way to go Sparty. Way to pick?em.

Secondary bailed out by ineligible man downfield cancelling TD. Secondary looks like same garbage. D-line not liking great either as WMU having success running b/w tackles. Now have more total offense than us. Thankfully broncos stopping themselves w/ penalties and turnovers.

Last edited:
Haven?t been able to watch it all so far but man we have looked bad. Defense has pissed me off again

You guys do know that, while your Spartans are playing their opening game today on a Friday, a day when literally no other team except their opponent Western Michigan has accepted the inauspicious and and inglorious indignity of being designated to, the entire world is locked in on Serena Williams and her quest to make history, don?t you?

I care about watching Serena about as much as I care about your lame attempt at humor.

We?re one of 8 games tonight, there were 16 1A games last night including 3 involving top 25 teams. If ur gonna troll, you gotta step up your game?

20 something Serena was pretty hot but even then, no way I?m watching women?s tennis over CFB - even a uofm game.

Back