Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

VS Western

If not for field position (avg scoring drive 54yds) and multiple WMU mistakes we?d be down 10+ right now. Scoreless on our last 5 possessions.

Last edited:
We?re one of 8 games tonight, there were 16 1A games last night including 3 involving top 25 teams. If ur gonna troll, you gotta step up your game?

20 something Serena was pretty hot but even then, no way I?m watching women?s tennis over CFB - even a uofm game.

Oh.

I didn?t check that closely. I guess I should step up my game.

Or I could just say that I was channeling my internal fabled and legendary Spartan fan Michael Moore, and say it didn?t matter if my post was factual or not, as long as it was supportive of the narrative I was attempting to propagate.

Oh.

I didn?t check that closely. I guess I should step up my game.

Or I could just say that I was channeling my internal fabled and legendary Spartan fan Michael Moore, and say it didn?t matter if my post was factual or not, as long as it was supportive of the narrative I was attempting to propagate.

Moore went to uofm flint (dropped out). I?ve seen him wear an MSU hat but I?ve seen him in hats from all the state schools in Michigan except maybe emu - not even Michael Moore will wear an EMU hat.

There a great clip of Milton Friedman making a fool of his leftist dumb ass during a q&a session when Moore was at uofm Flint. Moore seemed like he was about to cry.

Last edited:
My takeaways
- Thorne is at best a mediocre B1G qb.
- defensive secondary still a big problem even if improved
- still hate the 2 linebacker scheme - LBs spread so wide on some of those formations the middle of the line was wide open - DTs aren?t THAT good.
- play calling - seemed like they barely ran the ball in late 2nd and all of 3rd qtr. up 18 and rolling seems like the perfect time to try to figure out who your go-to TB is gonna be.
- mistakes - aside from a couple bad one penalties didn?t seem like a huge problem but the miscues were frustrating. Team did not seem well prepared.
- this kid from UNLV looked pretty legit. Will be interesting to see him against better competition. Same with Coleman - he looks like he can be really good.
- hope the snow injury isn?t serious

Last edited:
Lewerke was mediocre. Thorne is much better than him. Not calling him elite, but he's better than mediocre

The rest I pretty much agree with

Last edited:
Lewerke was mediocre. Thorne is much better than him. Not calling him elite, but he's better than mediocre

The rest I pretty much agree with

Thorne was extremely lucky to complete 50% last night - half those under-thrown deep balls would be interceptions against better teams. I?d take Lewerke (before or after his injury) over Thorne in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Thorne isn't consistent, but he dropped some balls into buckets last year. Not once ever did I remember trash bag Lewerke doing that. The only time Lewerke moved the offense was with his feet and that's what kept him injured and never getting better. I'd say Thorne is a B- qb and Lewerke a D- qb.

My takeaways
- Thorne is at best a mediocre B1G qb.
- defensive secondary still a big problem even if improved
- still hate the 2 linebacker scheme - LBs spread so wide on some of those formations the middle of the line was wide open - DTs aren?t THAT good.
- play calling - seemed like they barely ran the ball in late 2nd and all of 3rd qtr. up 18 and rolling seems like the perfect time to try to figure out who your go-to TB is gonna be.
- mistakes - aside from a couple bad one penalties didn?t seem like a huge problem but the miscues were frustrating. Team did not seem well prepared.
- this kid from UNLV looked pretty legit. Will be interesting to see him against better competition. Same with Coleman - he looks like he can be really good.
- hope the snow injury isn?t serious

Thought I read Snow was seen in a wheelchair with a leg brace postgame

Thorne isn't consistent, but he dropped some balls into buckets last year. Not once ever did I remember trash bag Lewerke doing that. The only time Lewerke moved the offense was with his feet and that's what kept him injured and never getting better. I'd say Thorne is a B- qb and Lewerke a D- qb.

It?s so funny how desperate you are to keep this Lewerke argument going. It?s as if maybe you?re trying to convince yourself?

Thought I read Snow was seen in a wheelchair with a leg brace postgame

That sucks. I guess Henderson may have a serious injury as well. Only thing I?ve seen on either is during Tuckers presser he said he didn?t have any updates and wouldn?t until at least Monday and maybe not even then. Fingers crossed.

Tucker said Snow is done for the year amd Henderson is sore and he'll be ready when he's ready. I'm guessing he'll at least be out this week.

Back