Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Waiver trade deadline

Yeah. They are going to unload Prince and JV and acquire Grili and Raburn.

DD has done it often in the past adding a waiver wire guy...with mixed results. It is usually a bat though.

2006 Stairs good
2009 Huff bust
2010 Peralta good
2011 Delmon..started promising..then bust
2012 Baker bust

I think Neifi Perez was in there somewhere...definite bust...

Last edited:
DD has done it often in the past adding a waiver wire guy...with mixed results. It is usually a bat though.

2006 Stairs good
2009 Huff bust
2010 Peralta good
2012 Baker bust

Think Bedofmeat was a waiver pickup also in 2011

Hmm, funny, I didn't remember that Peralta was a waiver wire pickup...

Aubrey Huff, still pissed about that one. Makes me sick that he won a WS after he left here, ugh.

2006 Stairs good
2009 Huff bust
2010 Peralta good NOT A WAIVER WIRE TRADE
2012 Baker bust

Waiver signings or trades (1 August - 30 September)

2003 - John Ennis

2004 - Benji Gil, Chad Meyers, Jorge Toga

2005 - Matt Beech

2006 - Chris Robinson for Neifi Perez (Matt Stairs was not selected until 15 Sep with 12 games of no real impact), Chris Spurling

2007 - Traded Jack Hannahan for Jason Perry. Traded Craig Monroe for Clap Rapada

2008 - Gary Glover, Freddy Garcia

2009 - Jason Waddell. Traded Brett Jacobsen for Aubrey Huff (17 August)

2010 - PTBNL for Brandon Jones. Jeff Larish

2011 - Lester Oliveros and Cole Nelson for Delmon Young

2012 - Marcelo Carreno for Jeff Baker. Thad Weber. Traded Jeff Baker for Greg Moss

I would say that most of this moves were irrelevant and didn't change the team one bit, except for Delmon Young. And that was only short lived.

Back