Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Washington 2 Detroit 1 Final

Philadelphia. 83 points
78 games played
(36-32-11)
@ NYR
New Jersey
Washington.
===========
Islanders 87 points
78 Games Played
(36-27-15)
Montreal
@ NYR
@ NJ
Pittsburgh
=================================
Washington 85 points
78 Games Played
( 37-30-11)
@ Buffalo
Tampa Bay
Boston
@ Philadelphia
==================================
Detroit 84 points
78 Games Played
(38-32-8
@ Pittsburgh
@ Toronto
Montreal
@ Montreal
==================================
Pittsburgh 84 points.
78 Games played .
(36-30-12)
Detroit
Boston
Nashville
@ NYI
===================================
Buffalo 79 Points.
Played 78 Games
@ Dallas
Capitals
@ Florida
@ Tampa bay

Last edited:
Pittsburgh lost but did get one point so won't hurt too bad.

Red Wings hold the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh both teams have 84 points as of tonight.

Washington Goalie is saving everything . Wings out shooting them 24-9. Hit the post.
All over them. Freaking Kane with a weak hook call. First pp

Playing great defense all game until they give up the first goal. Out shooting them 2 to 1 and trailing 1-0. Getting so out worked last five minutes. Fell right into Washington trap.
Frustrating As Hell !

Seider falls down and now it's 2-0.
Embarrassing. What happened to the offense ?

Last edited:
Out shooting Washington 37-22 but trail 2-0 late third. Looks like wings get a pp with 6 minutes left . Not sure

So we didn’t get a PP what the heck ? He was hit in the head.

Wings pulling goalie with 4:12 left. Then a hook was called so goalie back in.

Very frustrating loss. Only 1 goal against this shitty team. That goal came with only 1.1 second left.. Never thought we would get beat .We had no one in front of the Washington goalie all night. He made mostly easy saves he could see.

Islanders get away with a blatant cross check in the back then get the empty net goal and beat the Rangers. There are a lot of embarrassing missed calls by refs in the NHL.
It was a blatant boarding call. Rangers were pissed. Islanders did what we couldn't and beat the rangers at home. To be fair there were only 30 seconds left so the 6-4 would not have been for that long.

Wings still make the playoffs if they can win 3 of thier last four games but sadly three of the last four are on the road.

Wings are the new source of my Detroit-professional-sports-team frustration. Neither good nor bad. And I can't even speculate which way they will go. In the late 80s, there was an expectation that they would get better; there was a solidity in the roster. Maybe I'm off base; I've not seen them play much this season.

Temper Tantrum GIF

Wings are the new source of my Detroit-professional-sports-team frustration. Neither good nor bad. And I can't even speculate which way they will go. In the late 80s, there was an expectation that they would get better; there was a solidity in the roster. Maybe I'm off base; I've not seen them play much this season.

Temper Tantrum GIF
Well they have more points than last season and have improved every season the last few. And more important they were playoff competetive late in the season for the first time in a while. Maybe they haven't did it fast enough for some, I disagree (they were really bad a few seasons ago), but it's getting there.

Well they have more points than last season and have improved every season the last few. And more important they were playoff competetive late in the season for the first time in a while. Maybe they haven't did it fast enough for some, I disagree (they were really bad a few seasons ago), but it's getting there.
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. I won't pay for any packages to watch them; I do listen on the NHL app though.

Back