Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WC Playoff Game: Lions @ Seahawks Thread

Since when has QB been SOLELY responsible for making every play??

With that theory.....if Seattle didn't have a dominant defense.....they don't win.

If Denver didn't have a dominant defense....they don't win.

Drew Breese is 21-26 over the last three years.....is he not a good QB?

Other guys have to make plays......for ANY team!

You're the one that said without Stafford this team doesn't make the playoffs. You're the one the compared the talent level to the 0-16 team. You're the one that is trying to say something special about Matt's talent level.

Is the a playoff team with Ryan Tannehill? Is this a playoff team with Russel Wilson? Is the a playoff team with Cousins? Brady? Brees? Rodgers? Prescott? Carr? Luck? Ben? Rivers? Dalton? Smith? Manning?

What is so special about stafford that other QBs in the league wouldn't make the playoffs on the Lions?

In his third playoff start, Matthew Stafford set Lions records for career postseason passing yards and completions.
He entered the game needing 136 yards and 17 completions to break Erik Kramer's club records.
Of course, it helps that he's one of just three quarterbacks to start three playoff games for Detroit.
Matthew Stafford finished 18 of 32 passing for 205 yards for the Lions with no touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 75.7
Stafford is now 0-3 in the postseason in his career.

The Lions fell to 0-4 in outdoor games this season, and 2-23 in games colder than 40 degrees since 1995. Both of the wins were in Chicago (2014-15).

Matt Prater became the first player in NFL history to hit twice from beyond 50 yards in the playoffs.

The Lions have lost their last nine playoff games dating back to the 1993 season and are 0-2 in the postseason under head coach Jim Caldwell.
Their last playoff victory came on Jan. 5, 1992, when they beat the Dallas Cowboys, 38-6.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400932689
Boxscore.

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center/video/recent-videos.html
Webvideo highlights and lowlights from the Lions-seahawks game.
Lions.com

The Detroit Lions continued to show they are not ready for prime-time as they completely fell apart in a 26-6 loss to Seattle where the offense couldn't score, the defense couldn't stop the run and the best part about their team was special teams.
Just to show how much this team struggles on the biggest stages, Detroit is now 1-9 in its last 10 prime-time games, including the playoffs.

The Lions were just 2-of-11 on third down In the game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-li...oit-lions-set-nfl-record-for-playoff-futility
Detroit Lions set NFL record for playoff futility.
espn

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...seahawks-detroit-lions-nfl-playoffs/96300948/
Lions become unglued vs. Seattle, get teeth kicked in.
Freep

Ziggy Ansah: 9 total tackles and 2 sacks.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/01/quick_observations_lions_seaha.html#incart_river_index
Quick observations: Lions can't stop the run (and yes, there were bad calls).
Mlive

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...troversy-facemask-seahawks-wild-card-playoffs
Officials admit they missed facemask call on key fourth down play.
PrideOfDetroit

If you could go back in time.....and put Matt on the 0-16 team and he leads them to the playoffs......would you consider that a successful season?

Same theory.

This isn't a playoff team with an average QB.....the fact we made it says a lot about Matts talent level.

When he made the playoffs the first time, it was a good season because it was so long that we made it. Not that we have, third time - this team needs to win games when it matter. If they won the division, it would have been a success because it's been such a long time.

As far as Matt I will give him one thing - - he has learned to not screw up as much. Party because he's a tic and tac kind of QB. And because of that he doesn't deserve the praise he gets.. And now all we have, for the entire off-season, "it was his injury, it was his injury."

When he made the playoffs the first time, it was a good season because it was so long that we made it. Not that we have, third time - this team needs to win games when it matter. If they won the division, it would have been a success because it's been such a long time.

As far as Matt I will give him one thing - - he has learned to not screw up as much. Party because he's a tic and tac kind of QB. And because of that he doesn't deserve the praise he gets.. And now all we have, for the entire off-season, "it was his injury, it was his injury."

I blame the way the season went from start to finish on our lack of talent on both sides of the ball. Very little to do with Stafford's finger. Good teams come together when their best player cannot play up to his ability. We don't have the talent to do that. No playmakers. Poor roster, that is very limited in what they can do on both sides of the ball. 1 playmaker on offense, and 1-2 on defense and this team could go places. A gutsy OC would help too

Last edited:
I blame the way the season went from start to finish on our lack of talent on both sides of the ball. Very little to do with Stafford's finger. Good teams come together when their best player cannot play up to his ability. We don't have the talent to do that. No playmakers. Poor roster, that is very limited in what they can do on both sides of the ball. 1 playmaker on offense, and 1-2 on defense and this team could go places. A gutsy OC would help too

I agree with that. I also agree that the defense, as bad as they can be at times, came up big at times when they needed to and help us win games.. I'm not putting the blame solely on Matt though at times it seems like that..

It's been a long time.

I get that. This is the first year that I haven't pinned losses solely on Stafford, its strange, but I feel like hes ALL we had going for us all year. No Ziggy, no CJ, just Stafford and a bunch of nobodies. That's just the impression I got this year from watching this team.

Last edited:
Only in Michigan...Lions and Tigers come to steal your luck...

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/1/8/14203346/sunday-open-thread-future-of-detroit-lions
How do you feel about the future of the Detroit Lions?
The Lions 2016 campaign is over. How do you feel about the future of the franchise?
PrideOfDetroit

http://sidelionreport.com/2017/01/0...t-playcalling-is-what-ended-the-lions-season/
Yeah The Refs Sucked, But Playcalling Is What Ended the Lions? Season.
SideLionReport

https://audioboom.com/posts/5471633...09-jan-7-debacle-in-seattle-post-game-podcast
LOCKED ON LIONS BLOG PODCAST VOLUME 109. January 7. 23 minutes.
DEBACLE IN SEATTLE. Post-Game.

What a conservative offensive game plan, no adjustments at all. This Seattle team was very beatable even though I had zero expectations of the Lions doing that.

So they are good ....cause they miraculously come back vs shitty competition? That makes you slightly better than shit. Not good. This offense was not good all season long. When he firing the ball 45 yards down field on a rope to marvin jones....theres nothing fucking wrong with the finger lol. You guys just love to make excuses for this scrub. Hes a loser....always has been for the last 8 years. He loses. over and over and over and over.

That iline played awesome tonight. 6 points. 6. Wilson Speight could have put up 6 points tonight lol. Stafford was a turd....everyone that actually watches football knows he didnt step up tonight. I honestly saw better throws from Connor Cook today lmao.

You're a complete utter fkn moron putting this on Stafford. But why am I surprised?! Lol. Its what you do!

Our defense is a joke. Stafford's fault
Our WRs can't catch. I stopped counting after the 5th one btw. Stafford's fault
Boldin turned into a complete thug retard. Stafford's fault.
Complete horseshit calls against the Lions OR not for the Lions. Maybe the worst officiating game i have seen in my life lol. Stafford's fault.

This whole game was Stafford's fault!!!

You're a complete utter fkn moron putting this on Stafford. But why am I surprised?! Lol. Its what you do!

Complete horseshit calls against the Lions OR not for the Lions. Maybe the worst officiating game i have seen in my life lol. Stafford's fault.

So a majority of the drops were in the first half...which ended in a 1 score game. Whats your excuse for the turd in the second half? Im sure youll have a couple more. He scored 0 points. Wasnt the oline last night. SO now its the defenes fault stafford cant throw to our WRs? The non call to TJ Jones was the right call. Why? Cause stafford was so innaccurate the flag was put back in.

Where did he mention it was all Staffords fault? Stafford wasn't good enough, that's a fact. Yes a lot of people weren't good enough. That's why we didnt get into the red zone. That's why we only scored on 50+ yard field goals. That a why we got gashed on the ground. Etc..

People make a huge deal about drops, but sort of dismiss poor throws. They are the same thing. One guy doing his job, one guy not doing it. Any incompletition is a result of someone not doing their job or the defense making a great play.

People also get impressed with comeback wins. But what is the difference if you throw one TD in the 4th Quarter and win 13-10 or throw a TD in the 1st and win 13-10? Same result, same stats, but somehow doing it in the final quarter and it's suppose to he better? Maybe more exciting, but why more impressive?

So a majority of the drops were in the first half...which ended in a 1 score game. Whats your excuse for the turd in the second half? Im sure youll have a couple more. He scored 0 points. Wasnt the oline last night. SO now its the defenes fault stafford cant throw to our WRs? The non call to TJ Jones was the right call. Why? Cause stafford was so innaccurate the flag was put back in.

It was a horrid game all around. By EVERYONE!!! Lol. And the TJ Jones non call.....the ball was ONE yard away from him. Uncatchable??? Fuck off

I thought Stafford played a decent game. He was really good moving around in the pocket avoiding sacks. He was actually better than Wilson last night (in that respect). He did have some errant throws but also made some plays. Too bad his receivers / Ebron couldn't pick him up.

Ebron's only role is as a receiving TE and he isn't good at that. That pick in 2014 could be one of the worst by MM given their desperate needs elsewhere. I remember wanting Donald or Martin. I know some here really liked Lewan. Of course there was OdB, Shazier, Mosley staring at him too.

I hope the Lions don't pick up Ebron's rookie option. They need a complete TE...not a "matchup nightmare" that can't catch.

Field goal drive, unnecessary roughness on boldin, Seattle controlled top with several long drives in second half.

Down 19-6 at that point. Stafford only had 2 legit drives in second half. 3 drops in first half to kill 3 drives

Last edited:
This team imploded all together. Soooooo many reasons why we lost. Total TEAM effort.

Drops, can't run the football, Stafford off, defense is pure dogshit, refs are dogshit, Cooter and Austin are fucking jokes.

Where did he mention it was all Staffords fault? Stafford wasn't good enough, that's a fact. Yes a lot of people weren't good enough. That's why we didnt get into the red zone. That's why we only scored on 50+ yard field goals. That a why we got gashed on the ground. Etc..

People make a huge deal about drops, but sort of dismiss poor throws. They are the same thing. One guy doing his job, one guy not doing it. Any incompletition is a result of someone not doing their job or the defense making a great play.

People also get impressed with comeback wins. But what is the difference if you throw one TD in the 4th Quarter and win 13-10 or throw a TD in the 1st and win 13-10? Same result, same stats, but somehow doing it in the final quarter and it's suppose to he better? Maybe more exciting, but why more impressive?

He put the whole thing on Stafford lol.

Back