Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We have no safeties coach?!?

Michchamp

Friend sent me a screen shot from a poster on Rivals or some shit (he said the poster, ChrisBalas is the head of MSU's rivals board) who said our safeties coach, Bob Shoop, has been MIA since September and a young grad assistant is coaching that position.

My friend claims he's a credible source.

I don't know what to make of this... Our CBs coach, Zordich, is still there. The DBs got beat repeatedly Saturday. But there was also not much pass rush. Seemed to me there was no help over the top.

if true, it seems Harbaugh just can't get a good staff in place across the board. there's often been a weak link, inexperience in a key positions, good guys jumping ship after a year, etc. That's probably the most frustrating thing, to me. It's year 6, and other than from 2015-2016, it seems like every season is his first season back... either a bunch of new staff, new QB, etc.

I'm not bitching too much about it though... it's still a throwaway season, and Saturday was just surreal. Pretty much everything that could have gone against us did. It would be nice, amidst all the awfulness right now, to look forward to football... but we can't
even have that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend sent me a screen shot from a poster on Rivals or some shit (he said the poster, ChrisBalas is the head of MSU's rivals board) who said our safeties coach, Bob Shoop, has been MIA since September and a young grad assistant is coaching that position.

My friend claims he's a credible source.

I don't know what to make of this... Our CBs coach, Zordich, is still there. The DBs got beat repeatedly Saturday. But there was also not much pass rush. Seemed to me there was no help over the top.

if true, it seems Harbaugh just can't get a good staff in place across the board. there's often been a weak link, inexperience in a key positions, good guys jumping ship after a year, etc. That's probably the most frustrating thing, to me. It's year 6, and other than from 2015-2016, it seems like every season is his first season back... either a bunch of new staff, new QB, etc.

I'm not bitching too much about it though... it's still a throwaway season, and Saturday was just surreal. Pretty much everything that could have gone against us did. It would be nice, amidst all the awfulness right now, to look forward to football... but we can't even have that.]

Sure we can.

Coming Saturday will be better.

It’s because we pay the head coach and his other assistants to much money.

so... apparently we do have a safeties coach, but he's working remotely (link to Sam Webb tweet which links to statement).

I guess if he has health complications that put him at risk, then I support this; no sense dying over a stupid game.

But maybe they could've handled assigning the coaching responsibilities better?

so... apparently we do have a safeties coach, but he's working remotely (link to Sam Webb tweet which links to statement).

I guess if he has health complications that put him at risk, then I support this; no sense dying over a stupid game.

But maybe they could've handled assigning the coaching responsibilities better?

This makes sense in so much that it seems the secondary has been working remotely as well.

This makes sense in so much that it seems the secondary has been working remotely as well.

A lot of people already made that joke in responses to the Sam Webb tweet

shoulder-shrug.jpg

Back