Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We Might Not Get Annihilated

OSU will play Cincinnati (Moeller HS) to qualify for the B1G Title Game in this ersatz joke of a football season.

Earlier in the week, I read that Barry Alvarez said the Big Ten would alter the schedule to help Ohio State if they couldn't make the Big Ten championship by not playing enough games:
Under the current Big Ten rules during this chaotic season, a team must play six of the eight regular season games in order to qualify for the title game. ... Alvarez, who was at the forefront of the Big Ten's return to action earlier this fall, says the league would have to reconsider that rule if it meant an undefeated Ohio State team didn't make the title game.

"I think if something were to happen to Ohio State and they'd have to cancel another game, that's something that we've got to revisit," Alvarez told The Detroit News. "They're sitting up there still ranked No. 4. Our league can't keep them from having the opportunity if they have a chance to be in the finals."

What's it called when you change the rules in the middle of a game or season to benefit one team? Rigged? I think it's called "rigged."

Earlier in the week, I read that Barry Alvarez said the Big Ten would alter the schedule to help Ohio State if they couldn't make the Big Ten championship by not playing enough games:
Under the current Big Ten rules during this chaotic season, a team must play six of the eight regular season games in order to qualify for the title game. ... Alvarez, who was at the forefront of the Big Ten's return to action earlier this fall, says the league would have to reconsider that rule if it meant an undefeated Ohio State team didn't make the title game.

"I think if something were to happen to Ohio State and they'd have to cancel another game, that's something that we've got to revisit," Alvarez told The Detroit News. "They're sitting up there still ranked No. 4. Our league can't keep them from having the opportunity if they have a chance to be in the finals."

What's it called when you change the rules in the middle of a game or season to benefit one team? Rigged? I think it's called "rigged."

You know the league wouldn't have even considered this for Wisconsin. They would have been told to pound cheese.

Remember when PSU won the B1G and OSU went to the CFP anyway? OSU has an overinflated sense of entitlement. Arrogance!

I wouldn't mind them getting trucked by Alabama in the semi-final. I think it would be quite nice and joyful.

I know, right?

This is such inanity. Play the damn football games with the players you got and deal with the outcome.

angelique
@chengelis
The plan right now, I've been told, is for Michigan to practice today and tomorrow. Team should be meeting about now. I'm not sure it's a "sign" they will play -- It's a sign they're TRYING to play Am not ready to make that leap yet that The Game is gonna happen

https://twitter.com/chengelis/status/1336019447820279809

Chris Balas
@Balas_Wolverine
"Helmets only" today is what we've heard. And the depth chart is "crazy depleted" for the game if they do play ... and I'm with Angelique. Not close to making the leap that it will happen.

If the depth chart is "crazy depleted" during a pandemic we should not be playing football

I read that Villari would be the only QB available...

Him with Haskins playing wildcat

Can't wait!

for people that don't like JH, this is bad news. A 7 TD beat down by OSU might have gotten him fired. Gonna have to wait another year until his record reaches 0-6 vs them.

Back