Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Weddings Yesterday...

bamf16

I wonder how many people went to a wedding yesterday for someone who they've now vowed never to speak to again! I got married during a Stanley Cup Finals game, but we got smoked so bad that the bartenders turned the channel and people forgave me rather quickly. I wonder how many people have to send apologies with their thank you notes for asking people to miss part (or God forbid all) of that game.

I feel terrible for those people. I know there were at least one or two from this board who had to go to one.

I didn't go to a wedding yesterday, but there was a wedding party that came to the bar I was at and watched some or all of the game. One of the groomsmen happened to be a Michigan fan to and said if he wasn't at the wedding he would have been at the game.

Weddings are easy. Specially at a night game. Thats just the reception anyway so you get sick, make an excuse or find a TV.

Yeah the game was 8 - 12, I doubt many people had the actual wedding during that time. And the reception, fuck that.

When I was younger and if I had to go to on a day like yesterday, I would have tried to coerce a chick to sneak off and watch the game with me...

...actually, as I recall, Notre Dame game days were sometimes lucky days for me...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]When I was younger and if I had to go to on a day like yesterday, I would have tried to coerce a chick to sneak off and watch the game with me...

...actually, as I recall, Notre Dame game days were sometimes lucky days for me...

What do you need a chick for during a football game?

I remember when my best friend got married, the day of Michigan vs Penn State. It was Penn States 1st game in the Big Ten. A few of snuck and watched the game, it was at a hotel - big TV. I didn't feel bad because my best friend, the groom was right next to me.

Its football, things take the back seat on the weekends.

Back