Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 1 "slowlights"

motown1958

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXxr30tb7TY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSNl9u4xgkA_D11Bl85H63Q

This dude on youtube makes these slow motion videos of the lions games. I like it because the speed gives you a chance to analyze what individual players did during the game. I don't mind the music in the vid but you can always mute it lol.

Things I saw from this that I didnt see at full speed. Ansah on multiple occasions beat Kalil pretty badly. I mean he was constantly getting pressure and shoving kalil back towards the qb while opening up some good containing lanes for the lbs to fill. Also very apparent in the vid is how well the lbs played. They tackled well and didnt over commit and really did a good job of breaking down.

On offense the line looked stellar and most importantly Warlord really looked strong and intuitive. He got out and made blocks down field which I felt was his weakness coming out of college because he is so big he didnt always play so well down field. But he looked good and probably was our best run blocker all day constantly turning his guy and opening lanes.

It's definitely nice to see some of the plays slowed down to watch individual guys. Thanks for posting this.

Its Sandman. He posts these slolights a few hours after each game ends over at Lionsreport forum. Actually had all of his videos removed from youtube for a few weeks because of some copyright bullshit that the nfl was trying to claim against him. Now hes back up and going again.

Here is the link from Lionsreport.com

http://lionsreport.com/forums/topic/youtube-account-is-back/

Last edited:
That was awesome to watch, the players who really stood out to me in these highlights were:

1. Suh- The guy just explodes the play so often, he's taking on double teams and still getting a push.
2. Stafford- Excellent accuracy, puts the ball right where it needs to be.
3. Levy- Thought he was excellent at filling the gaos and cleaning up.
4. O line held it together and the pulling guards wreaked havoc downfield blocking.
5. Fairley- Was nearly as destructive as Suh.
6. Ansah- Beat Kalil often and was man handling him.

Suh, Fairley, and Ansah have a chance to put up ridiculous numbers this year. Hurries, sacks, knockdowns, all of it. Can't double team all three of 'em...chances are ONE of 'em is getting through most of the time.

Can't wait to face the Bears...they're going to shred that O-line...still dying for some payback for Stafford's injury in '10...hope we can knock Cunt-ler out for a few games...

I just wanna see him whine about the pressure on him all game long

I could see why, he was mauling people and getting down field on those screens. It was weird seeing the D respect the play action, when Warford pulled the LB's stepped up out of respect. The slowmo really showed how quick Suh is at getting off the line, he is so disruptive its a pick your poison with doubling Suh or Fairley. We also need to get the ball to Edwards, anyone notice how he ran Bush down on the long screen? Dudes got wheels.

I could see why, he was mauling people and getting down field on those screens. It was weird seeing the D respect the play action, when Warford pulled the LB's stepped up out of respect. The slowmo really showed how quick Suh is at getting off the line, he is so disruptive its a pick your poison with doubling Suh or Fairley. We also need to get the ball to Edwards, anyone notice how he ran Bush down on the long screen? Dudes got wheels.

I was thinking the same thing, dude is crazy fast. Two things I noticed upon rewatching it. The one time Reiff fanned on Allen and the dude hit staff hard was probably his best throw of the game. He hit Burleson perfectly over the Lb's and under the safetys on that post route. The other throw was the quick slant to Edwards into an insanely small window. Crazy stuff. Stafford looked very good and I hope that continues.

Thanks or posting this... Very cool..
The hit Bell puts on # 31 for the skins on the way to the end zone was classic.. I mean he plowed right over him...LOL

Youre welcome. I subscribed to his videos on youtube, and was sent this video by email at around 10 oclock last night,lol. Not only does he do good work, he does it in a timely fashion. Time to send that guy an invite to this forum?? It would be nice to have a sticky note of his videos on top of the lions forum page.

I absolutely love watching Bell fight for extra yards. How did he get looked over as much as he did. We got so lucky when we picked him up.

Back