Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 7 Score Prediction Thread - vs. Indiana

Michchamp

Who: Michigan and Indiana
When: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at NOON Eastern
Where: Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Is it on the regular television? YES! On Fox.

Line: UM -33
Total / o/u: 45
Sagarin: 33 point Michigan win

Record Book:
All time, we are 61-10 against Indiana (we've won 26 of the last 27). Their 10 wins are mostly sprinkled here and there through the decades prior to Bo's arrival in Ann Arbor.

Halfway Through the Season Things to Note:
After our absolute trouncing of then 3-2 Minnesota, we won't play another team with a winning record for another month. (@ Penn St. on November 10th). Next up, after IU are two more crappy teams: @MSU (then a bye week) and Purdue. We end our regular season playing the three best teams in our division all in a row (@PennSt, @Maryland, OSU).

Stats Watch!

It's fun to look at stats when your team is good! Here are some fun ones, and our ranking in each:

Defensive TDs (T1st)
Fewest Penalties per game (1st)
Fewest Penalty yards per game (1st)
First Downs Allowed (T3rd)
Red Zone Defense (1st)
Rushing Defense (12th)
Scoring Defense (1st)
Scoring Offense (17th)
Tackles for Loss Allowed (1st)
Passing Efficiency Offense (7th)
Passing Efficiency Defense (9th)

Individual passing efficiency (JJ is 4th)
TDs (Blake is 3rd; Roman Wilson is tied for 10th)

We don't have the overwhelming running game we did last year, or the sacks, but the improvement in our passing game and more mistake-free play has more than made up for it in my opinion. Easier passing yards also equals less yards on the ground. Blake still has a lot of TDs, but a lot less yards/game.

Our opponent...
Indiana might be the worst team in the conference, although don't count MSU out! (the two don't play until November 18th, so we'll all be in suspense until then). since this game is completely meaningless, and can only hurt us unless we blow them out, and even then a blowout is merely what's expected, I'll just crib from last year's thread on Indiana.

I like to refer to Indiana as "the South of the North" along with their neighbor Ohio.

While the state has produced some decent human beings, it's also produced more than it's share of people we'd be better off without.

Indiana-University-Head-Coach-Bob-Knight-Throws-Chair-On-Court.gif

Seriously who throws a chair?

hqdefault.jpg

And they also have their own way of spelling things...

hqdefault.jpg

2023 Indiana Football
So far this season, Indiana is 2-4 (0-2). The season actually started out promising for them, as they seemed to stymie OSU's vaunted passing
game (it was only 10-3 at the half). though they lost 23-3, that was hardly the 40+ pt blowout that seemed likely on paper.

They bounced back with a 41-7 win over FCS Indiana State, but lost to a (potentially good) Louisville team 21-14, struggling mightily against a 1-5 Akron team (IU won in 4 OT) and then getting pasted 44-17 by Maryland.

I looked up the stats. IU doesn't seem to do anything well...88th Rush Defense, 49th in PED (other teams have mainly just run over them).

They don't run the ball well (rank 113th; 110 ypg) or pass the ball well (93rd in Passing Efficiency). Ohio St. played their worst game of the season against IU and still outgained them 380-153.

So go ahead and make your predictions, and post some analysis if you choose, but as always: leave the woofing, the barking, etc. for other threads.

][V][ 31
Hoosiers 7 (scored in the 4th quarter off from some stupid play because of the rain)

Last week I my prediction of a pick 6 was correct. My score prediction would have been correct too if not for the second pick 6. I think these sorts of things need to be taken into account when considering the winner of the score prediction thread each week.

I predict another pick 6 this week. Michigan is hitting its stride. Total domination of IU this week. IU scores late after the starters have been taken out.

Michigan 56
IU 7

Last week I my prediction of a pick 6 was correct. My score prediction would have been correct too if not for the second pick 6. I think these sorts of things need to be taken into account when considering the winner of the score prediction thread each week.

I predict another pick 6 this week. Michigan is hitting its stride. Total domination of IU this week. IU scores late after the starters have been taken out.

Michigan 56
IU 7

We only reward picking the spread and the total pts. Not the analysis (it's optional).

Besides no one on internet message boards ever gives anyone else credit for being right or good thinking... they just get jealous that THEY didn't think correctly.

We only reward picking the spread and the total pts. Not the analysis (it's optional).

Besides no one on internet message boards ever gives anyone else credit for being right or good thinking... they just get jealous that THEY didn't think correctly.

I was just kidding about taking predictions into account. They way I look at it when Michigan wins we are all winners!

I miss being on ABC. I miss Keith Jackson RIP. Fox sucks, but I guess we're stuck with it. Better than NBC.

48-3 Meeeeshigan

I want to give you credit for starting these stellar game prediction threads

Sorry I posted an additional thread.

I guess it?s technically a violation.

I hope it doesn?t disqualify me from winning if I win.

I want to give you credit for starting these stellar game prediction threads

Sorry I posted an additional thread.

I guess it?s technically a violation.

I hope it doesn?t disqualify me from winning if I win.

What additional thread? You mean additional post?

No, that's not a violation. the only rule is "no woofing or barking" as established by MGeezer. I'm not in any position to enforce that, as I'm not a mod. Generally speaking, there has not been much woofing or barking in these threads, which is nice.

I miss being on ABC. I miss Keith Jackson RIP. Fox sucks, but I guess we're stuck with it. Better than NBC.

48-3 Meeeeshigan

I was telling my son a few days ago that I wish Kieth Jackson was still calling the games. I miss him as well. Although I like Gus and Joel, I?m kind of getting tired of hearing Gus scream on the big plays.

I was telling my son a few days ago that I wish Kieth Jackson was still calling the games. I miss him as well. Although I like Gus and Joel, I?m kind of getting tired of hearing Gus scream on the big plays.

The hyperbole is the point. Need to fire them endorphins so that we hang around for the commercials that program us. The game is the carrot; the ads are the stick.

The hyperbole is the point. Need to fire them endorphins so that we hang around for the commercials that program us. The game is the carrot; the ads are the stick.

Lol! You?re correct there. :)

Back