Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome Jonathan Banks

I was really high on this guy coming out of college, and I still see potential. A 7th rounder is typically not making the roster anyway, so why not?

Back with his boy Slay... can't hurt to roll the dice!

I remember the Slay vs Banks debate on here. Can't hurt to bring in help.

Last edited:
Was he the guy who was healthier coming out of college but it didn't have as high a ceiling as Slay? I vaguely remember him.

He was the guy that everybody wanted the Lions to draft

If it's who I'm thinking of, that sediment changed after workouts and the combine. Banks was snail slow in the 40.

That draft was when a huge chunk of the board wanted Dee Milliner, the CB from Alabama over Ansah too. Shows why we're fans and not football executives :D

Mayhew got it right. Even though many didnt like slay his rookie season

Last edited:
Mayhew got it right. Even though many didnt like slay his rookie season

The results matched his draft profile almost completely. Raw talent with a very high ceiling. Explained the slow start in his first year.

I liked Banks. Everyone was trying to copy the length model of SEA if i rememeber and he was bigger than slay. Slay smoked his 40 time and surprised people moving him up the draft. We needed help....hes help. That said... i hope this is just a realization that we need secondary help and not a sign that slay is a way out from being back.

I liked Banks. Everyone was trying to copy the length model of SEA if i rememeber and he was bigger than slay. Slay smoked his 40 time and surprised people moving him up the draft. We needed help....hes help. That said... i hope this is just a realization that we need secondary help and not a sign that slay is a way out from being back.

Your end sentence......a little bit of both maybe?

I love the deal based on the fact that its low risk high reward. a 7th rd pick in 2018 for a guy that can help us now. And maybe being in a different system and with Slay again will help him. I read he is better at man than zone and Tampa has been running mainly zone.

I love the deal based on the fact that its low risk high reward. a 7th rd pick in 2018 for a guy that can help us now. And maybe being in a different system and with Slay again will help him. I read he is better at man than zone and Tampa has been running mainly zone.

Low risk but very likely low reward too.

If it's who I'm thinking of, that sediment changed after workouts and the combine. Banks was snail slow in the 40.

That draft was when a huge chunk of the board wanted Dee Milliner, the CB from Alabama over Ansah too. Shows why we're fans and not football executives :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwIFN6_VYAEKBZ3.jpg
Unlike his former teammate, Johnthan Banks' #RAS profile isn't great. 4.61 - 40.
Still, used his size and length well in college.

Had a ton of picks in college, but yeah ran in the 4.6's at the combine, if I remember correctly

Back