Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welp, We're Going To Need A New OC

They announced Matt Weiss and Sherrone Moore will be Co-OCs (link):
Head coach Jim Harbaugh announced Wednesday quarterbacks coach Matt Weiss will join offensive line coach Sherrone Moore as co-offensive coordinators for the 2022 season.

Harbaugh said Moore and Weiss will share play-calling duties.

Running backs coach Mike Hart, the program's all-time leading rusher who joined the staff last season, is now the team's run game coordinator.

Michigan also moved Ron Bellamy to wide receivers coach. The former state championship-winning coach at West Bloomfield joined the U-M staff last offseason and eventually landed as safeties coach.

Grad assistant Stephen Adegoke, in his second year with the program, will also shift from defense to help Bellamy with the wide receivers.

Jay Harbaugh, the team's special teams coordinator, will add coaching safeties to his responsibilities.

The Wolverines also hired another former player to fill out the staff. Grant Newsome, the former offensive lineman whose playing career was cut short due to a gruesome leg injury in 2016, has been hired as the tight ends coach.

I think this should work okay; I don't have any reason to suspect that these guys have any ego issues like some of Harbaugh's past hires that would lead to dysfunction on the playing field, like we say under Drevno, Pep Hamilton, or with Gattis at times. I feel confident about this staff.

I like that they didn't go out and make some over-hyped hire here... then we'd have to worry about more time for the new hire to "adjust"

It's also a big F-U to Gattis that they just basically crossed his name off the list, and didn't replace him.

Reminds me of the times I had to meet up with coworkers to readjust workload after someone left or got laid off. When they were dead weight, we would sometimes just cross their name off the dept. list and adjourn the meeting, while having a laugh that nothing else needed to change, since they weren't contributing anything to begin with.

I think this should work okay; I don't have any reason to suspect that these guys have any ego issues like some of Harbaugh's past hires that would lead to dysfunction on the playing field, like we say under Drevno, Pep Hamilton, or with Gattis at times. I feel confident about this staff.

I like that they didn't go out and make some over-hyped hire here... then we'd have to worry about more time for the new hire to "adjust"

It's also a big F-U to Gattis that they just basically crossed his name off the list, and didn't replace him.

Reminds me of the times I had to meet up with coworkers to readjust workload after someone left or got laid off. When they were dead weight, we would sometimes just cross their name off the dept. list and adjourn the meeting, while having a laugh that nothing else needed to change, since they weren't contributing anything to begin with.

Don't bang any recruits moms and you'll be ok. Weiss was able to provide some good info on analytics for Harbaugh to prep him for his Vikings interview, so I'm sure he knows his stuff.

Back