Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We're #1!!!

This includes Millen. Mayhew is good, Millen dragged us down.

11-5. Shhhh

its actually over a 10 year period and mayhew has led us for half of that. Millen trained mayhew how to be an idiot.....and mayhew was his best student.

Subjective.. but somewhat true too.

About two weeks ago, I saw another article that rated them the fifth worst drafting team over the last 10 years. Last week I saw one that rated them the third worst.

It's really all based on the perception of the author.

However, the constant is everyone has them rated among the five worst, and it would be hard to dispute that. We're fans of a team that makes more mistakes than plays.

Subjective.. but somewhat true too.

About two weeks ago, I saw another article that rated them the fifth worst drafting team over the last 10 years. Last week I saw one that rated them the third worst.

It's really all based on the perception of the author.

However, the constant is everyone has them rated among the five worst, and it would be hard to dispute that. We're fans of a team that makes more mistakes than plays.

Unfortunately, this is true.

What can you do? Oh well.

Maybe this will be the year!!!!!!! (I swear I've said that before)

Yes it's all Millen. Millen is like the fucking bad guy in Scooby Doo, Mayhew is going to rip off his face to reveal it was Millen all along.

its actually over a 10 year period and mayhew has led us for half of that. Millen trained mayhew how to be an idiot.....and mayhew was his best student.

10 years? doesn't it say since 2002? or is it 2012 right now?

You guys are now arguing over whether its shit or poo. Yes schles....its 13 years. Not 10. Congratz on painting an even worse picture than i was.

Of course it's awful. Millen was probably the worst gm in nfl history. I don't think anyone is defending his time as general manager. Ever.

Last edited:
Of course it's awful. Millen was probably the worst gm in nfl history. I don't think anyone is defending his time as general manager. Ever.

and mayhew is 16 games below .500 in a league where parity is most prevalent. Therefor by obtaining a team with a shit roster and shit record you have THE BEST opportunity to turn things around. And mayhew proceeded to draft like shit for 4 out of the 5 years he was here.

and mayhew is 16 games below .500 in a league where parity is most prevalent. Therefor by obtaining a team with a shit roster and shit record you have THE BEST opportunity to turn things around. And mayhew proceeded to draft like shit for 4 out of the 5 years he was here.

Not saying mayhew is golden. But is he number 1 bad? Not even close.

If they did the study over the last 5 years hed be bottom 10. And that's AFTER Millen gave him the opportunity to draft so high lmao.

the guys 2 out of the last 4 draft classes are COMPLETELY gone lmao....its ridiculous.

Last edited:
If they did the study over the last 5 years hed be bottom 10. And that's AFTER Millen gave him the opportunity to draft so high lmao.

the guys 2 out of the last 4 draft classes are COMPLETELY gone lmao....its ridiculous.

But you do realize that just because they aren't on the team it doesn't mean they were bad draft picks right? So I betcha he's not bottom ten. 2011 draft was god awful. But 2010 actually wasn't that bad.

Last edited:
But you do realize that just because they aren't on the team it doesn't mean they were bad draft picks right? So I betcha he's not bottom ten. 2011 draft was god awful. But 2010 actually wasn't that bad.

Even if that was true....which i could easily debate the other way. ..most gms will tell you how important it is to develop those guys and get them to a 2nd contract. We do that with a select few starters....probably can count the number on one hand. That....is awful managing.

Back