Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We're #1!!!

Mayhew sucks..this time is not Millen's fault anymore..so not being worse than Millen doesn't mean he's not near the bottom. Because he is..just plain bad.

Even if that was true....which i could easily debate the other way. ..most gms will tell you how important it is to develop those guys and get them to a 2nd contract. We do that with a select few starters....probably can count the number on one hand. That....is awful managing.

^^^'this, mayhew isn't the best at drafting, but he is far worse at keeping the talent he drafts.

I don't reward Mayhew for drafting guys that went on to have careers with other teams. That's the 2nd half of the draft that goes overlooked, maintaining your players.

If Mayhew didn't draft some of those guys in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds that went on to have a great career somewhere else, someone else would have taken them.

I don't reward Mayhew for drafting guys that went on to have careers with other teams. That's the 2nd half of the draft that goes overlooked, maintaining your players.

If Mayhew didn't draft some of those guys in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds that went on to have a great career somewhere else, someone else would have taken them.

Of course you wouldn't reward Mayhew. Why would you? Lol

Your second paragraph is top notch too btw...lol. The end is the butter on the toast too. "Someone else would have taken them" hahahahaaaaaaaa. Pure frickin genius.

So glad you cleared that up for us. Pffffffffft....lol

11-5. Mayhew is so terrible.

The problem is you all are terrible at judging GMs.

Enough with the 11-5. It's irrelevant.

Only Lions fans talk about regular season as though it matters.

11-5. You were dead wrong about Mayhew.

You've all been made to look like fools.

Enough with the 11-5. It's irrelevant.

Only Lions fans talk about regular season as though it matters.

All fans talk about the regular season. Why? Because it does matter.

If you can't win there, you can't win in the postseason.

Forget 0-16.. this team has been horrible for decades. It's not going to be a 5 year, or even a ten year turnaround. You can't just draft good talent, you have to build depth.

You know how you eat an elephant? One bit at a time.

Nah, fans that talk about the regular season are from organizations that are in the gutter. You think programs like New England, Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc... refer back to their great regular seasons? When do we stop talking about Millen and the past? It's not a 20-year recovery process. It can be done quickly.

Ink, the NFL is one of the most herky-jerky in terms of parody. You can be crap one year, and then relevant the next. That parody has seemed to dodge this organization over and over again.

Last edited:
11-5 shows we are clearly a playoff team. We'll make the playoffs and we are good enough to win playoff games. The refs screwed us out of one, but going forward, coming off an 11-5 record, you should be optimistic at our talent level.

You make it sound like Mayhew has made this team devoid of talent. That's just a dumb opinion if you think that especially after an 11-5 season.

11-5 shows we have lots of talent. End of story. Putting it altogether in the playoffs can happen with this talent and coaching.

And if you think it's from beating easy teams, that just proves my argument more. The Lions are so far superior to the 9 teams they beat (11 wins) on their 2014 schedule, that you think they look like easy opponents. That's how much better the Lions are than most of the league. We didn't even play the weak AFC South or weak NFC East. We didn't play the weak Rams, Browns, Raiders either. San Fran is now a mess. KC/SD are decent at best. Lions are superior to all those teams.

Seattle, Green Bay, Detroit, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Denver are the elite of the NFL right now (maybe Dallas).

The Lions are in the top tier of talent. Sucks having to play everyone away this past year (at GB, at Pats, at Zona, at Dallas, at Carolina) but they are good enough to beat anyone in the playoffs.

Green Bay, Arizona, Denver home games. We'll get our chance to shine and get a home playoff game or two.

And if you think it's from beating easy teams, that just proves my argument more. The Lions are so far superior to the 9 teams they beat (11 wins) on their 2014 schedule, that you think they look like easy opponents. That's how much better the Lions are than most of the league. We didn't even play the weak AFC South or weak NFC East. We didn't play the weak Rams, Browns, Raiders either. San Fran is now a mess. KC/SD are decent at best. Lions are superior to all those teams.

Seattle, Green Bay, Detroit, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Denver are the elite of the NFL right now (maybe Dallas).

The Lions are in the top tier of talent. Sucks having to play everyone away this past year (at GB, at Pats, at Zona, at Dallas, at Carolina) but they are good enough to beat anyone in the playoffs.

Green Bay, Arizona, Denver home games. We'll get our chance to shine and get a home playoff game or two.

so there are 8 or 9 elite teams? 30% of the league is elite!

Unfortunately, this is true.

What can you do? Oh well.

Maybe this will be the year!!!!!!! (I swear I've said that before)

I agree with B. One of these times all the stars will align and and title will
come to Lion's fans... Because the fan's deserve it over our shitty GM's and
the inept Ford family.. Matt Millen.. The Former GM that is still hurting the Lions
sadly.

at GB (Loss), At Pats (Loss), At Zona (Loss), at Dallas (Loss), at Panthers (Loss)

Zona and Panthers were not elite teams.

God damn did we have an easy schedule. We only beat one good team all year and lost to 3 crappy/average at best teams (Zona, Panthers, Bills) . Yea we are elite.

Is there a way to pull up the results of the 2014 season and find a list of how each schedule ranked?? I can't find it.

Lions had to play tougher teams on the road. We play Pats at home like GB did, we win the division.

Lions schedule is easier in 2015 if you think 2014 was easy. 12 win season plus some playoff wins coming up.

Back