Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Were He Hero or Villain, He Challenged the People

th_falwell-hustler-first-ti.jpg

This lead to a landmark First Amendment case. Rest in peace, Larry.

I recite this prayer I say every time I pass by a Catholic church. (and other times, as well)

"My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love Thee."

I never prayed personally for the soul of Larry Flynt, but this prayer, I pray, was intended for people like him.

I recite this prayer I say every time I pass by a Catholic church. (and other times, as well)

"My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love Thee."

I never prayed personally for the soul of Larry Flynt, but this prayer, I pray, was intended for people like him.

He said he was an evangelical Christian for one year, "converted" in 1977 by evangelist Ruth Carter Stapleton, the sister of President Jimmy Carter. He said he became "born again" and that he had a vision from God while flying with Stapleton in his jet. He continued to publish his magazine, however, vowing to "hustle for God."[24][25] He has since declared himself an atheist.
LOL...there are a lot of hilarious tidbits like that about his life on his wikipedia page. Atheism is good.

This one is good too:
In November 1974, Hustler showed the first "pink-shots," or photos of open vulvas.[18] Flynt had to fight to publish each issue, as many people, including some at his distribution company, found the magazine too explicit and threatened to remove it from the market. Shortly thereafter, Flynt was approached by a paparazzo who had taken pictures of former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis while she was sunbathing nude on vacation in 1971. He purchased them for $18,000 and published them in the August 1975 issue.[19] That issue attracted widespread attention, and 1 million copies were sold within a few days. Now a millionaire, Flynt bought a $375,000 mansion.
That's how he became a millionaire, LOL!

Back when a million bucks was actually real money...

Now Flynt is penniless. I only hope that he's not also soulless.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, ?If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. 25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds."​
MT 16:24-27

Back