Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

what call was worse?

I still remember that one call when Suh pulled on Marion Barber's hair and they flagged him for a horse collar tackle. But I guess since Suh grabbed Barber's facemask on the play, it didn't really make a difference, the ref was just a doofus.

Romneybot said:
I still remember that one call when Suh pulled on Marion Barber's hair and they flagged him for a horse collar tackle. But I guess since Suh grabbed Barber's facemask on the play, it didn't really make a difference, the ref was just a doofus.

Think I heard about that play.

SLICK said:
Calvins...it cost us a fucking win

+1

Can argue the Suh call extended Chicago's drive and might have cost us a win, but the Calvin call DID cost us a win. There's no might or may about it.

No contest, imo.

The Mad Bomber said:
SLICK said:
Calvins...it cost us a fucking win

+1

Can argue the Suh call extended Chicago's driven and might have cost us a win, but the Calvin call DID cost us a win. There's no might or may about it.

No contest, imo.

To me the contest was that Calvins call as retarded as it was, was actually the right call according to the rules. Its a stupid rule with terrible wording but it was not a blown call. The Suh place was ridiculous. He pushed a grown man to the ground in a football game and got a penalty. I think the Suh call is far more ridiculous.

Im over the whole ruling that the CJ td catch was a by the rule. I read that rule about 10 million times and it is not by the rule. Him dropping the ball was part of the second move thus making it a completed catch. Just so over everyone covering up for this bull shit rule. Everyone who sees it says its a catch except for the fucktards that wrote this ass backwards rule.

motown1958 said:
Im over the whole ruling that the CJ td catch was a by the rule. I read that rule about 10 million times and it is not by the rule. Him dropping the ball was part of the second move thus making it a completed catch. Just so over everyone covering up for this bull shit rule. Everyone who sees it says its a catch except for the fucktards that wrote this ass backwards rule.

Agreed but thats like saying everyone knows i didnt do anything wrong except for the fucktards that wrote/enforce the laws. Gotta live with it.

Beez said:
motown1958 said:

Agreed but thats like saying everyone knows i didnt do anything wrong except for the fucktards that wrote/enforce the laws. Gotta live with it.
Oh I know it. It just made me so made when people just completely ignored what the rule actually said and went with this obnoxious interpretation. The whole system was flawed on this one and goes to show why its messed up. That being said the Suh push was also obnoxious. Especially since he got fined for it. It just goes to show the complete sissification of the NFL.

Beez said:
The Mad Bomber said:
+1

Can argue the Suh call extended Chicago's driven and might have cost us a win, but the Calvin call DID cost us a win. There's no might or may about it.

No contest, imo.

To me the contest was that Calvins call as retarded as it was, was actually the right call according to the rules. Its a stupid rule with terrible wording but it was not a blown call. The Suh place was ridiculous. He pushed a grown man to the ground in a football game and got a penalty. I think the Suh call is far more ridiculous.

Bleh, I'm not gonna start that debate again. I know what the rule is, and I don't necessarily agree that's what happened with CJ's catch last year. But whatever. Like I said, I'm not spurring that debate again.

The Suh call was ridiculous too. Ed Hochuli and Jim Joyce in this town... Both beloved.

I personally don't care if the rule, in black and white, says that Calvin's catch was a TD or not....

Rules are worthless unless consistently enforced. Each time the rule is applied, it needs to be applied the same.

If every time a receiver dropped the ball during the secondary move, they said "Nope, that wasn't a TD because of the process of the catch" I'd be fine with the call in this case.

The problem I have is that in EVERY similar scenario last year, it was ruled a TD or a completion. In not one similar situation was the "process of the catch" bullshit called.

This would be equivalent to an umpire in baseball squeezing the plate on one pitcher, and giving six inches on each side of the black to another.

Consistency is what makes a bad call an acceptable thing. You don't have to like it, as long as it's fair and the same for everyone. That process of the catch shit was only a rule one time last year, and there are at least 20 other examples of nearly identical plays.

Hell, ESPN played them every week for a while there comparing them to Calvin's non-catch, and showing how different the call was in each other case.

Back