Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What were they thinking?

hungry

the players were playing their asses off and the coaches almost screwed it up!! Good thing Michigan had more talent this year, because the coaches almost blew that shit!

I'm not sure if you were quoting John L, or are being serious...

If you are, then I'm not sure. I was really disappointed in the lack of awareness about a fake, and the fact they kept running the read option well into the game, when it was obviously not working.

I was quoting JLS and I was serious. Seems Michigan got seriously outcoached, but somehow still managed to pull out the win just like in the old days.

Denard's decision making is mind boggling. Im sure that 9 times out of 10 he decides who's getting the ball before the ball is snapped.

some stupid playcalling near the end there

the second to last possession when you keep going backwards (with penalties too)
and then when you are on 4th down and 20 yards from first down, i would have3 just gotten us to field goal range - we could have so easily lost that game

also again frustrated that twice at the 10 yard line and no TD

Denard has a brain the size of a pea, but then he delivers a laser to Dileo to set up the game-winning field goal, but if he could think on his feet, that game would've have been close.

I was bothered by the Offensive play calling. I know you don't want the other team to dictate your play, but sometimes it seems like we just pound our heads against a wall.

The problem with Denard is that he has one speed on his throws: 900 MPH. For whatever reason, in all the time he has spent in practices and in games, he has not developed any sort of loft on his throws.

The problem with Denard is that he has one speed on his throws: 900 MPH. For whatever reason, in all the time he has spent in practices and in games, he has not developed any sort of loft on his throws.

cough, cough, Chad Henne, cough, cough

cough, cough, Chad Henne, cough, cough

I never felt hopeless on obvious passing downs when Henne was chucking the rock. I always assume Denard will throw into tripple coverage for hopefully an incomplete pass or worse an INT. I have zero faith in him throwing the ball, and honestly his scrambling skill aren't very good either. I totally don't get that??

To be honest, I thought Henne developed a great deep ball when he figured out his shit out. On Denard's deep ball, it goes zipping past the receiver every f'ing time. When I look back at his legacy, I'll never forget him, for the good and the bad. But, I will also look forward to the time when Michigan gets a QB that can actually hit the long ball.

As much as I admire Denard and everything he has done for U of M. It will be nice to have a balanced attack for offense that won't really solely on one player. A quarterback, who although not speedy will be able to make defenses fear the deep threat.

bad calling

frustrating first half when denard shut down n run
bad call to try for a td instead of getting into fg range when y had no guarantee of ball getting back to you

very blah offense

As much as I admire Denard and everything he has done for U of M. It will be nice to have a balanced attack for offense that won't really solely on one player. A quarterback, who although not speedy will be able to make defenses fear the deep threat.

have also said this

denard threw a few good blocks on those times when fitz had decentrun

Definitely. I truly do admire Denard and everything he has done and continues to do. He gives 110% every game. However, he just lacks the ability to be an excellent QB. He is a phenomonal runner and a superb athlete, but a good passing QB he is not.

Denard is fuin to watch vs avg to good defensive teams. Against the really good to great defenses he struggles because they make him make the the throws he struggles with. Thankfully we have played the best defenses on our schedule at least till the bowl game.

With that being said I to have enjoyed watching Denard but there is part of me that is excited for our future without him.

I didn't think the play calling was that bad; I think State's defense made it look a lot worse than it was. I got the sense we were keeping things pretty tight early to avoid making mistakes, which was a good call.

couple drops hurt too.

State's defense is...
13th in the nation in scoring
7th in the nation in yards allowed/game
12th in the nation in PED
8th in the nation in rushing yards/game

We're a couple places lower in each category.

also, for what it's worth, ND and Alabama are both in the top 5 in most of those categories.

I didn't think the play calling was that bad; I think State's defense made it look a lot worse than it was. I got the sense we were keeping things pretty tight early to avoid making mistakes, which was a good call.

couple drops hurt too.

State's defense is...
13th in the nation in scoring
7th in the nation in yards allowed/game
12th in the nation in PED
8th in the nation in rushing yards/game

We're a couple places lower in each category.

also, for what it's worth, ND and Alabama are both in the top 5 in most of those categories.

You look at those stats and wonder how a defense that good can be on a team thats 4-4. And we think our offense is bad lol.

Back