Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What would it take to get...

zyxt9

Tom Brady to come win a SB with the Lions?

Hold on, I'm not 100% joking here.

Maybe we can convince him to return to Michigan and bring a SB to a team that has only 1 playoff win in its history? Lions have a helluva coach and GM who would willingly provide every possible resource beginning next season.

Brady is only on a 2 year contract with the Bucs.

No QB has won SBs with 3 teams. And doing it with the history the Lions have...

It would 100% solidify him as the GOAT in EVERY sport when he pulls it off.

So, how do us Lions fans get Brady here???

Tom Brady to come win a SB with the Lions?

Hold on, I'm not 100% joking here.

Maybe we can convince him to return to Michigan and bring a SB to a team that has only 1 playoff win in its history? Lions have a helluva coach and GM who would willingly provide every possible resource beginning next season.

Brady is only on a 2 year contract with the Bucs.

No QB has won SBs with 3 teams. And doing it with the history the Lions have...

It would 100% solidify him as the GOAT in EVERY sport when he pulls it off.

So, how do us Lions fans get Brady here???

Unless he?s bringing 7-8 picks in the top 3 rounds in the 2022 draft with him?.even he wouldn?t have a shot in hell in winning a SB here.

LOL... loving the responses! Thanks for injecting humor into my day!!!

Wanted to add this tantalizing thought though, if Brady came you know Gronk would be as well. Imagine having a 2 TE set of Gronk and Hock with Brady at QB. Add in 2 WRs (I'm thinking Brown would want to tag along as well and a WR with the Rams pick). With Swift at RB and a healthy OL... that would be a pretty awesome offense.

Wanted to add this tantalizing thought though, if Brady came you know Gronk would be as well. Imagine having a 2 TE set of Gronk and Hock with Brady at QB. Add in 2 WRs (I'm thinking Brown would want to tag along as well and a WR with the Rams pick). With Swift at RB and a healthy OL... that would be a pretty awesome offense.

Nope.

No way.

They?ve both switched mobile carriers after that fiasco.

Not a chance in hell.

Gronk?s mom has burned his football pants.

Nope.

No way.

They?ve both switched mobile carriers after that fiasco.

Not a chance in hell.

Gronk?s mom has burned his football pants.

I love that they had him living with his mom in that commercial, freaking classic!

Unless he?s bringing 7-8 picks in the top 3 rounds in the 2022 draft with him?.even he wouldn?t have a shot in hell in winning a SB here.

Are we really that far away if we had a QB of Brady's caliber? Let me prefice this by saying there is noway Brady is coming here, but if we found a top 15 QB I think we could compete for this division as soon as next year. This defense is extremely young and very scrappy. With a few more pieces, and a year of experience they may be decent next year. How does everyone everyone think this roster would fare

Re-sign

JRM, Anzalone, Walker, Raymond, Charles Harris, Hand

Release Trey Flowers and Jared Goff, restructure Vaitai

Sign Marcus Williams, Mike Williams, Mo Alie Cox, Cam Newton, and Kyle Fuller

Draft Thibodeaux, Treylon Burks, best ILBer available, and maybe a QB depending who is available

QB Newton, rookie, Blough
RB Swift, Williams, Jefferson
FB Cabina
WR Mike Williams, Burks, Cephus, Raymond, St Brown
TE Hockenson, Alie Cox
LT Decker
LG Jackson
C Ragnow
RG Vaitai/Evan Brown
RT Sewell, Nelson

DE Brockers, Onwuzurike, Hand
NT McNeil, Penisini
Edge Thibodeaux, Okwara, Okwara, Harris, Bryant
ILBer Anzalone, Barnes, Rookie, JRM
CB Okudah, Fuller, Amani, Parker, Melifonwu, Jacobs
S Marcus Williams, Tracy Walker, CJ Moore

K Seibert
P Fox

Obviously Newton (Or insert Fitzpatrick/Tyrod/Bridgewater) would stand out as the biggest question mark. With a top shelf Oline and running game though I think someone like Cam may fit. There would be weapons on offense in Swift Hockenson, Williams and Burks with plenty of role players. Defense would be young but filled with a lot of talent. That is a deep group of edge rushers and Walker and Williams might be the best safety combo we ever had. I don?t think this is unrealistic. Both the top FAs fill a major need and have a strong connection to this staff.

So all in all if the offseason went like this can the Lions compete on the Aaron Rodgers less (hopefully) NFC North?

Back