Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's everyone's game day routine?

michiganct

IS it different from they very first game of the year?

I get up. Use the treadmill for 30 minutes, shower, put on my #1 jersey. Then I play NCAA til the game is on. I have another little tv next to my 52 inch where i'll watch other games. But when UM is on......video games are done.

This year was different. I purschased NCAA the day it came out and haven't played it yet. I'm about to rock it now. I usually grab a beer at noon.

Watch out for the linebackers. They'll have you saying "wtf you can't jump that high"

I tend to watch the clock wishing it would speed up.

42-17. WMU scored with no time on the clock in both halves. I think the game AI might shut off defensive skills late in games. Roundtree is by far the best receiver. I didn't run with Denard much as he was always hurt in last years game. Probably like Hoke will do this year. Smith was my start RB and he went for 11 carries and 112. Koger added 2 tDs. My defense had NO turnovers and only one sack.

Left at 6:45 and ran 3.5 miles or so ....
Showered up ...GameDay is on!

Little guy dressed himself in his MICHIGAN shirt and maize shirts ...about to make pancakes!

michiganct said:
42-17. WMU scored with no time on the clock in both halves. I think the game AI might shut off defensive skills late in games. Roundtree is by far the best receiver. I didn't run with Denard much as he was always hurt in last years game. Probably like Hoke will do this year. Smith was my start RB and he went for 11 carries and 112. Koger added 2 tDs. My defense had NO turnovers and only one sack.

Well. I spoke too soon. Smith and Robinson go out for the game in game two against ND. Robinson is actually for 6 games. I only have Gardner as my backup so I'm screwed if he gets hurt as I reshirted Bellamy. Grady played one down so apparently he's my back up now. Toussaint is actually damn good. ND had me at the goaline and ran two straight option plays, dumb. Both for losses and settled for only 3. End of halve defensive AI strikes again. 42-24.

Actually have a nice little Saturday planned. Maybe go to Home Depot, buy some wall paper, maybe some flooring. Maybe go to Bed Bath and Beyond, I don't know. I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Slept in til 7. Worked out til 9:30. Did a HIIT routine on the bicycle/indoor trainer while playing WMU in NCAA Football to start. Won big (one of the few games Denard had 10+ carries and DIDN'T get hurt.) Cursed out the WMU linebackers. Showered, changed, turned on GameDay and the deep fryer.

The menu calls for chicken tenders and deep fried pickles for the noon games. For UM and the other 3:30 games it's looking like brats with peppers and onions on the grill, loaded fries, and grilled fruit for dessert.

For the 8:00 games I'm going with the Cool Ranch Doritos with homemade mango salsa and some veggies with dip, and will finish them off at about 1:30am or so when the Colorado/Hawaii game ends.

The only thing that changes from week to week is the menu, the time of the UM games, and if I'm wearing my blue #1 jersey for home games or white #16 jersey for away games!

Everyone sing it with me, "It's the most, wonderful time, of the year!"

So, I got up at 6:30; turned on Game Day at 7 and watched while I messed around on line...went out to the pool and hit it hard for 30 mins, alternating breast stroke and back stroke; 2 laps sprints, 4 laps intermediate, 2 laps sprints, 30 seconds rest, 9 sets...

Had my post workout chocolate milk...followed by my first shot of Jack #7, followed by my 1st chelada, followed by the 2nd shot...you guys know the drill...

Ate 2 home cooked egg, ham and cheese sandwiches on an English muffin...

MrsTinsel's sister came over to do some wedding prep stuff...gal pal from Kazoo area I went to Michigan with and who came to So Cal with her fiancee (2 husbands removed now) about the same time I did is coming over to watch the game with us....

Go Blue!!!

I got espn gameplan so I usually flip flop between the earlier games till I find one that is interesting. Right now I'm watching Utah State and Auburn. Pretty damn good game, Utah has been taking it to them for the most part.

So we're having 3 guests today....I look in the fridge and see MrsTinsel has bought about 17 different flavors of hummuses for the occasion...

This year, for the 3:30 games I roll out of bed, fire up the laptop to access my slingbox and start watching the game.

But for me it's 7:30 am Sunday morning as I moved to New Zealand a month ago. Sigh. Miss those tailgates...

For games I watch at home. I go get the paper. I watch college gameday. Then watch the game(s)

If I go to a game, I go to Angelo's with some friends for breakfast. Depding on what time the game is i'll go walk around downtown. Then go see if I know anyone tailgateing. Go watch the drumline perform. Then head into the stadium to watch the team warm up and watch the band.

Get up, watch some gameday, take a shower at halftime, get in my michigan gear, go to the store and buy some beer, order some pizza and head over to my buddies house and watch the game on the big screen. I usually hit the treadmill during the week, usually rest on the weekends

I normally try and get some yard work done before the game... Get on the riding mower and do a few things so the wife does not yap to much at me for watching football all day..

Back