Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's Your Favorite UM-MSU football memory?

oh no... stop... I'm so triggered. You're too good at this.

LOL, you just tried to accuse me of not caring about the deaths of 1mm human beings because I liked the outcome of a football game. Yeah, you definitely were not triggered.

Last edited:
1997. I love a game where the defense forces turnovers. 6 interceptions was a ton of fun to watch. It really should have been seven, but Tommy Hendricks dropped a pick. If he made that catch, every starter in the secondary would have had an interception that day. The score was only 23-7, but the domination was very apparent.

23829875991_d22c863ae8_o.gif

1997. I love a game where the defense forces turnovers. 6 interceptions was a ton of fun to watch. It really should have been seven, but Tommy Hendricks dropped a pick. If he made that catch, every starter in the secondary would have had an interception that day. The score was only 23-7, but the domination was very apparent.

23829875991_d22c863ae8_o.gif

The box score for that game is wild. (edit: link)

Statistically, they were very close (UM - 275 yards, MSU 272) and first downs (15 to 14), both teams punted 6 times for the exact same yards 296), and had similar penalty numbers. but then you see the turnovers for the game - 6 to ZERO - and the score board.

That was the sort of game we'd often lose in the series... but for that secondary. And MSU's QB's. Whatever happened to Todd Schultz and Bill Burke? Probably working for Quicken Loans or Rocket Mortgage. Sticking unsuspecting Michigan homebuyers with hidden fees... dreaming of one day seeing a member of that Michigan defense's name on a mortgage application and getting sweet revenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back