Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

which 2B would you have

JimRice said:
Spockmaster said:
i wish we could've gotten more for him than fuckin purcey.

and i think santiago has fallen off defensively as he's gotten older. his FP is better than sizemore's so far, but his UZR is negative at 2B this year.

Agree that the Purcey trade was shit.

However, UZR is not too reliable when considering the sample size of either Sizemore or especially Santiago. I think it's a better indicator with a much larger sized sample. There's so much subjective info involved with calculating UZR that small sample can get pretty skewed, I think.
true, but ive also watched them play. i dont think sizemore is as bad defensively as some think but also from watching santiago he's definitely slowed down.

Geez, I hope we have other options at 2B next year. Raburn is the only one signed for 2012, but he would be my last choice given that he is quite possibly the worst Tigers fielder in my lifetime.

Darn, I was hoping for a list of Tiger's because I would have chose Sweet Lou. Out of the 3 I am torn between Guillen and Santiago. Slight nudge to Santiago because he is more durable and pretty decent defensively though he has no power.

My vote goes to Raburn. As much as I hate him. But Guillen is stinking it up.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]My vote goes to Raburn. As much as I hate him. But Guillen is stinking it up.

LOL. I don't like Raburn either. He scares me defensively at any position. I have more faith in Santiago in that aspect. Guillen every time he slides or goes for a ball in the pit of my stomach I am expecting him to blow out a knee/pull a hammy, etc. I don't want any one of the 3 starting full time next year, hopefully DD and Illitch can upgrade there, fingers crossed.

You cannot put Raburn at second base regularly.. In 40 games at 2nd base this season he has 7 errors. I sure hope they find the replacement next season for both players at second. Neither Gullien or Raburn are hitting a lick this season.. Raburn is only 4 for 17 his the last 7 days and while his 14 and 28 day totals appear better he really is not producing much at the plate.. And he was terrible the first 90 games...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=raburry01&year=2011&t=b

No doubt. If there was a "anyone else" or "my mom" option I would have chosen one of those.

Also Raburn just has terrible footwork around the bag.. Neither he nor Carlos has any range at all but at least CG has decent footwork at second... Plus in less games Gullien has turned 1 less DP.

Raburn 40 games and 16 DP's 7 errors.
Gullien 21 games and 15 DP's 1 error.

Guillen might have only committed one error but had made several bad ones. Which includes not getting to balls because os his terrible range.

Tiger second basemen games started 2011.

Raburn 40.
Guillen 21.
Rhymes 19.
Santiago 18.
Sizemore 17.
Worth 2.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Guillen might have only committed one error but had made several bad ones. Which includes not getting to balls because os his terrible range.

Oh yes he has terrible range... RR may have a tad more range then CG.. But I cannot wait for a decent player at second that can play over 130 games or more in a season.

we need danny worth up here NOW. he plays very good defense and is hitting .248/.331/.434/.765 with a wOBA of .349 in Toledo and looked pretty good in his time up here. guillen is crap, raburn is a defensive abortion in the infield, santiago has proven before that he cant be a full-time player, and we dont have any other choices.

will they actually do it? unfortunately, signs point to no.

Spockmaster said:
we need danny worth up here NOW. he plays very good defense and is hitting .248/.331/.434/.765 with a wOBA of .349 in Toledo and looked pretty good in his time up here. guillen is crap, raburn is a defensive abortion in the infield, santiago has proven before that he cant be a full-time player, and we dont have any other choices.

.248 in Toledo is not good. His defense may be good, but why not just use Santiago then?

jh1spartanfan said:
Spockmaster said:

.248 in Toledo is not good. His defense may be good, but why not just use Santiago then?
who cares if his BA is only .248 (which, by the way, is still higher than guillen's or raburn's), his .331 OBP is pretty darn good for a position we're getting no offense and even less defense out of, and his wOBA is only .003 behind Vmart and Boesch. granted, he would likely not get on base as much up here (you never know though), but if he could be even replacement level on offense, we'd be better off starting him over the other 2 solely on his defense.

also, santiago is both hitting worse and at this point in his career is a worse defender than worth.

he's not a long-term option, but i think he's our best rest-of-the-season option (barring a waiver trade or something).

Spockmaster said:
jh1spartanfan said:
who cares if his BA is only .248 (which, by the way, is still higher than guillen's or raburn's), his .331 OBP is pretty darn good for a position we're getting no offense and even less defense out of, and his wOBA is only .003 behind Vmart and Boesch. granted, he would likely not get on base as much up here (you never know though), but if he could be even replacement level on offense, we'd be better off starting him over the other 2 solely on his defense.

also, santiago is both hitting worse and at this point in his career is a worse defender than worth.

he's not a long-term option, but i think he's our best rest-of-the-season option (barring a waiver trade or something).

The rule of thumb is subtract .20 points of BA from AAA to MLB, .248 would = .228

MI_Thumb said:
Spockmaster said:

The rule of thumb is subtract .20 points of BA from AAA to MLB, .248 would = .228
which doesnt always happen

Back