Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Which coaches would you prefer?

dtroitlionsfan951

Thinking of coaches out there currently who I wouldn't mind seeing the lions go after this offseason. I don't know too many I feel that comfortable with..Maybe Jim Mora? What else is out there? Realistically?

Harbaugh. Would be fucking awesome to have the brothers coaching UM and Detroit.

As bad as this season has started, unless the Lions go something like 2-14, I don't see Caldwell being let go this season. The Fords have proven to be extremely loyal (to a fault) and I think Mayhew would be signing his own resignation papers if he fired Caldwell after year two. That would be two failed HC's hired by him, with the second being a complete disaster. Established/competent GM's usually only get 2-3 'chances' at finding the right guy, and Mayhew has not proven to be competent at his job.

I think we will have to wait for 2 sub par years (double digit losses) to get rid of Caldwell (and hopefully Mayhew). Unfortunately...

As bad as this season has started, unless the Lions go something like 2-14, I don't see Caldwell being let go this season. The Fords have proven to be extremely loyal (to a fault) and I think Mayhew would be signing his own resignation papers if he fired Caldwell after year two. That would be two failed HC's hired by him, with the second being a complete disaster. Established/competent GM's usually only get 2-3 'chances' at finding the right guy, and Mayhew has not proven to be competent at his job.

I think we will have to wait for 2 sub par years (double digit losses) to get rid of Caldwell (and hopefully Mayhew). Unfortunately...

Maybe it changes with Ford Jr? Though I doubt he wants to fire a 2nd coach under contract.

How long does Mayhew have under contract?

Maybe it changes with Ford Jr? Though I doubt he wants to fire a 2nd coach under contract.

How long does Mayhew have under contract?

I've been looking trying to find the length of his contract but my google skills are lacking lol. I seem to recall him getting a 4 year extension a couple of years ago? So my guess is he has two years left after this one, but I could be totally wrong.

I've been looking trying to find the length of his contract but my google skills are lacking lol. I seem to recall him getting a 4 year extension a couple of years ago? So my guess is he has two years left after this one, but I could be totally wrong.

Can't find it either. Some hidden secret..

Caldwell is going nowhere.....

I wouldn't be so sure bud.

Bill Ford Jr. seems to have a quicker hook than Senior did. And while Martha may own the team, it's Bill Jr. running it.

Don't forget, WCF Sr. wanted to keep "The Best That Shall Not Be Named" and Junior walked in and fired him behind his dad's back.

Now we have players reporting they are being told the defenses knew what we were doing before the snap? If I were a man with billions invested in a team, I would lose my shit right there. I'd fire my GM. I'd fire my coaches. I'd call up OTHER teams and fire their GM's and Coaches. I'd fly to New York and bend Goodell over his desk, pump his ass for an hour and ask him "How the fuck does THAT feel bitch!?". I'd fly to Kentucky and choke slam that county clerk and then fly to smack that wig of Trump's head too.

Now, there's obviously a reason I don't have a billion bucks to invest, but I can't imagine the ownership of this team is at all excited today about what they are reading and how their dinero is being spent.

They need to fire the Caldwell/Lombardi shit show now! Don't wait, thier systems aren't working and it isn't fixable

Fire them now ford!

Last edited:
They need to fire the Caldwell/Lombardi shit show now! Don't wait, thier systems aren't working and it isn't fixable

Fire them now ford!

Teams normally don't fire a coaching staff mid-season because there's just no time to install a new system.

HOWEVER... this shit show ain't working anyway. 53 guys running around with no clue what the plays are might actually be a fucking improvement over what we're seeing right now.

Teams normally don't fire a coaching staff mid-season because there's just no time to install a new system.

HOWEVER... this shit show ain't working anyway. 53 guys running around with no clue what the plays are might actually be a fucking improvement over what we're seeing right now.

And if they don't know what the plays are just ask the other teams coach he'll prolly know

I wouldn't be so sure bud.

Bill Ford Jr. seems to have a quicker hook than Senior did. And while Martha may own the team, it's Bill Jr. running it.

Don't forget, WCF Sr. wanted to keep "The Best That Shall Not Be Named" and Junior walked in and fired him behind his dad's back.

Now we have players reporting they are being told the defenses knew what we were doing before the snap? If I were a man with billions invested in a team, I would lose my shit right there. I'd fire my GM. I'd fire my coaches. I'd call up OTHER teams and fire their GM's and Coaches. I'd fly to New York and bend Goodell over his desk, pump his ass for an hour and ask him "How the fuck does THAT feel bitch!?". I'd fly to Kentucky and choke slam that county clerk and then fly to smack that wig of Trump's head too.

Now, there's obviously a reason I don't have a billion bucks to invest, but I can't imagine the ownership of this team is at all excited today about what they are reading and how their dinero is being spent.

And Jr fired "that LB from Oakland" wayyyyyy too late as well. I don't think theres a chance in hell Caldwell goes. Stranger things have happened though...

This is all that fucking moron tony dungys fault and his stupid phone calls to all the GMs begging for them to give Caldwell a chance. He is an official idiot.

Back