Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Which games remaining do we win?

hankpav53

I know that everyone is heated so this is gonna be biased towards none, the way we played... having said that.. our defense played very well.. so i'm still thinking we win 4:

Carolina, Minnesota, @oakland, San Diego

Lose green bay twice, new orleans

I still say we take one of the Gbay games, possibly just because they rest their starters in week 17.

Even after a bad loss like today I don't think its a given we lose both to the Pack and at N.O. Will we clearly be the underdog in those games? Hell yeah but I think the Thanksgiving game against GB is one of those games to where we could steal one so to speak. If we were able to then it would probably set us up for a 10-6 year which SHOULD get us into the playoffs but still could be tough considering the teams currently either tied or 1 game behind us for the 2 wildcard slots.

However if we do indeed lose both to GB and the game at N.O then I would not be surprised to see us finish up the year 9-7 which could make the chances slim to none making the playoffs this year. Dallas has a pretty easy schedule for the rest of the year and seem to be getting this going now. Same can be said for Chicago.

adam86107 said:
I still say we take one of the Gbay games, possibly just because they rest their starters in week 17.

The question is though IF they are chasing an undefeated season in week 17 WOULD they rest their starters?

We still hold the tiebreaker over the bears as of right now... If the teams are in the same division for the Wildcard the Wildcard tiebreakers revert back to best division record. Right now we are 2-1 in the division and the bears are 2-2.. They have the Pack and the Vikings both on the road and we have the Pack twice and the Vikings at home.. Long way to go and if we can get to 10-6 we will make the playoffs. As pissed as I am about today we were bound to have a terrible game on the road sooner or later. We still control where we end up...

The Lions might have a better chance of winning any game with Hill behind center, as long as Stafford's fractured index finger continues to affect his throws, AND the blatant lack of even a halfway-decent run game means that he cannot hope to handoff more often when necessary, this gawddamed injury shit to key players on O just sucks ass so bad, and is what may, if not will cause this once very promising and exciting season's start to swirl down the fucking toilet..gahh!!

Well the Lions never do anything different on offense... If you have a running problem which we do try some different looks... speed the damn game up and go hurry up ever now and then. Our coaches on offense really do lack imagination and it is frustrating... Defensively they played really good today.. I agree though if Matt can't throw get him the fuck out of there... But throwing is only part of the problem... Some of his reads were terrible today....Throwing into double,triple, and quadruple coverage and not locking on to receivers... Just a frustrating road game... If they do not take care of Carolina next week then we know we are done..

Turok said:
The Lions might have a better chance of winning any game with Hill behind center, as long as Stafford's fractured index finger continues to affect his throws, AND the blatant lack of even a halfway-decent run game means that he cannot hope to handoff more often when necessary, this gawddamed injury shit to key players on O just sucks ass so bad, and is what may, if not will cause this once very promising and exciting season's start to swirl down the fucking toilet..gahh!!

I'm not getting the lack of a running game argument, I mean I know they didn't have very many carries but both k. Smith and m. Morris averaged just shy of 5 yards a carry today.

adam86107 said:
Turok said:

I'm not getting the lack of a running game argument, I mean I know they didn't have very many carries but both k. Smith and m. Morris averaged just shy of 5 yards a carry today.

4.2 is just shy?

The Lions are 27th in the NFL in rushing yards per game and tied for second to last with 4 TDs.

Not a real big deal though, unless the team's starting QB is bad, mediocre and/or hurt, esp. the latter of which is what I meant by that.

This game was lost by turnovers, and the Lions' runners, D and STs scored zero points.

Minnesota and Carolina are wins.

Green Bay twice are losses.

Oakland, should and probably will kill us. The run the ball so well, RUN DMC will be back and Palmer will be comfortable by then. San Diego is iffy because they might be out of the playoff race by this game, they are having a rough year. And with Rivers' ability to throw INTs and our opportunistic defense that is a good matchup.

9-7 folks, unless GB sits everyone week 17

Turok said:
adam86107 said:

4.2 is just shy?

The Lions are 27th in the NFL in rushing yards.

This game was lost by turnovers, and the Lions' runners, D and STs scored zero points.

Momo had 4.8 and yes that is just shy, Smith had 4.3

Turok said:
adam86107 said:

4.2 is just shy?

And what do you consider the FG's? You don't consider the ST?

adam86107 said:
Turok said:
4.2 is just shy?

And what do you consider the FG's? You don't consider the ST?

Yeah, the two FGs were points my bad, but my point stands, we will see how many games the Lions can win w/o at least one or two rushing TDs, an erratic QB with a fractured finger on a gloved throwing hand, and a few turnovers being produced by their defense.

Anyway you look at it, they NEED to win at least 4 more to even have a shot. Nine wins isn't cutting it.

My take........ 2 losses to GB, 1 loss to NO. 1 win vs Minn, Oak, Car and SD. That's my prediction...puts them at 10-6 and hopefully a WC.

I just don't think Green Bay is going 16-0.... Might as well be us that beats them on thanksgiving..

tonyballs said:
Anyway you look at it, they NEED to win at least 4 more to even have a shot. Nine wins isn't cutting it.

My take........ 2 losses to GB, 1 loss to NO. 1 win vs Minn, Oak, Car and SD. That's my prediction...puts them at 10-6 and hopefully a WC.

ya both NFL Network and Fox guys were saying 10 may get you , 11 gets you in for sure...gonne be intersting.

SLICK said:
tonyballs said:

ya both NFL Network and Fox guys were saying 10 may get you , 11 gets you in for sure...gonne be intersting.

Yep, Oakland game scares the hell out of me though. Even Minnesota for some reason. Gonna be tough....

I do think GB beats the Lions 2x and NO will probably beat them as well. That leaves MN, Oak, Car & SD. MN, Oak and SD are all slightly worse than the Lions but not much worse. All of those games should go to the Lions but any one of them could beat the Lions. They will most likely end up 9-7.

Lions "probable" wins at the very least: Panthers, Vikings, maybe also Chargers OR @ Packers (but only if they have lost a game or two prior) 8-8 or 9-7 but they would likely miss out on the playoffs regardless. Could at worst go (edit) 2-5, and perhaps a stretch at best 5-2.

Most to least likely Lions victories, IMO:

Panthers
Vikings
Chargers
@ Raiders
@ Packers (would move this game to the bottom IF Packers still undefeated)
@ Saints
Packers

Back