Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

White Privileged Stafford vs Black QBs

Honest question here. Normally I wouldn?t post a question like this but given where we are in society today I think it?s fair.

Do you think a black QB could of hung onto a starting job w the same organization for 12 years w/o a playoff win?

Me personally, I think Stafford is a above average QB but my answer is no.

Honest question here. Normally I wouldn?t post a question like this but given where we are in society today I think it?s fair.

Do you think a black QB could of hung onto a starting job w the same organization for 12 years w/o a playoff win?

Me personally, I think Stafford is a above average QB but my answer is no.

Sure why not. Its the Lions after all. They don't play favorites, if you're bad you're bad. But if this is going to turn into a black vs white political thing I suggest it gets moved to a more suitable place.

stupid question. Stafford is above average to good. As much as I think he's over rated he has still been a top 15 QB almost every year he has been in the league.

Batch was a starter for four consecutive seasons, Peete for five. Neither one of them were nearly as good as Stafford is. Maybe Peete wins the Dallas game, but we'll never know. His last 1991 reg season game was a win over the Cowchips, after all.

Last edited:
Batch was a starter for four consecutive seasons, Peete for five. Neither one of them were nearly as good as Stafford is. Maybe Peete wins the Dallas game, but we'll never know. His last 1991 reg season game was a win over the Cowchips, after all.

But where are they now? I?m guessing Rodney?s in a better way than Charlie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=In-f9i-StF8

Maybe not so much.

Worst thread I can remember on this forum. Just stupid. Someone should erase this.

Black QBs win playoff games so i think the point is moot. If you take race out of it...i think the answer should be no....no qb should have a job for 12 years with no playoff wins. Stafford should have been gone 6 years ago...keeping him has equated to nothing except a large salaray that has prevented this team from building properly. No one comes here because of Matt Stafford. I would have fired his ass the second he lost to GBs 5th string QB for the division title.

Russel Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Cam Newton
Deshaun Watson

Teddy Bridgewater Lost his only playoff start 10-9
Dwayne Haskins rebuilding Washington team hasnt started a playoff game yet.
Tyrod Taylor is a stop gap thats probably being replaced already.

Last edited:
Black QBs win playoff games so i think the point is moot. If you take race out of it...i think the answer should be no....no qb should have a job for 12 years with no playoff wins. Stafford should have been gone 6 years ago...keeping him has equated to nothing except a large salaray that has prevented this team from building properly. No one comes here because of Matt Stafford. I would have fired his ass the second he lost to GBs 5th string QB for the division title.

Russel Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Cam Newton
Deshaun Watson

Teddy Bridgewater Lost his only playoff start 10-9
Dwayne Haskins rebuilding Washington team hasnt started a playoff game yet.
Tyrod Taylor is a stop gap thats probably being replaced already.

Don't forget about Kyler Murray.

I tend to think sports is the one place where it doesn't matter the color of your skin... if you win you win, if you lose you lose. I mean, I get what you're saying, and Stafford has had a long leash for no playoff wins, but in the game of football, all players are treated equally shitty by their owners.

I have to disagree w a lot in this thread.

Take Cam for an example. He goes from being a former MVP who lead his team to a SB appearance. Not long after, he was let go and couldn’t land a job. Had to settle for a minimal contract(Chase Daniel makes more before incentives). I know people will take this personal and probably find excuses but common sense should tell you that’s not right.

Last edited:
I have to disagree w a lot in this thread.

Take Cam for an example. He goes from being a former MVP who lead his team to a SB appearance. Not long after, he was let go and couldn?t land a job. Had to settle for a minimal contract(Chase Daniel makes more before incentives). I know people will take this personal and probably find excuses but common sense should tell you that?s not right.

he was great in 2015. After that he wasn't very good. Then in 2019 he got injured and had foot surgery. He was owed $21.1M from the Panthers which is why they released him. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

he was great in 2015. After that he wasn't very good. Then in 2019 he got injured and had foot surgery. He was owed $21.1M from the Panthers which is why they released him. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

And replaced by another black qb..
Furthering your point it had nothing to do with skin color.

Back